Okay, i know line 6 is disliked around here but i think this is worth asking. I need an effects processor. I basically need delay and chorus but i like having everything else at my disposal too. So anyways, I may have a chance at a line 6 pocket pod...

This one: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Pocket-POD-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-104391875-i1173933.gc

Anyways, it's not set in stone but if i do get it, can i run it into my b52 as an effects only sort of thing or would i have to use the pods very digital gain on my tube amp and kill the point of even owning my amp?

Anyone have any suggestions on multi- effects if i don't get the pod because of the latter reason? Give me other (and possibly better) suggestions anyways. Thanks guys!
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Let's get a few things straight.

The SPIDERS are the Line6 equipment that's hated. Too many noobs come in and see people bashing the Spider and think all Line6 must suck. The Flextone, Vetta, and HD147, Pods, Floor Pods, and pedals are highly regarded.

As far as I know, yeah, you can bypass the cabs and amps and just use the effects. It'd be worth it, just make sure you run it in the effects loop.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Aug 24, 2009,
Only bad thing about it is you can't turn the effects off easily, so it makes it redundant in my eyes.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
Only bad thing about it is you can't turn the effects off easily, so it makes it redundant in my eyes.

What do you mean. Isn't it meant to add effects to your tone easily? lol....

Edit: alright i have to go. Leave me some responses/ input for when i get back.
That's true. I didn't even think about that

Dude, he means that once you're done with the song, you can't just press a button and turn the chorus off. It's a bitch to turn off effects on a Pod.
--

--
Impossible to go through the effects easily, uses tripple A's (WTH) like they were candy, the quality isn't too good... I have one, really, don't blow your money.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by stratman_13
That's true. I didn't even think about that

Didn't think about what? The effects being hard to turn on/ off...?

Alright i understand now. Any other good effects pro's fo rme then?
It would be nice if it was a "footswitch" or there was a bypass.

But yeah, the pocket pod is meant for use like a vox amplug, not in an effects chain.
You could just keep the Zoom if that's all you're using it for.
--

--
What their saying is you have to turn the knob all the way over to the off position, you can just push a button and turn it off. I have the Pocket POD express ($99 new) and it's okay but not great if I was you i'd just get a peavey vypyr 15 ($99 new) much better quality and has a headphone jack so you can record and practice silently.
Quote by Juadafi

If youre using one effect for the whole song, it wouldnt be a problem. But yeah, if you want to change it mid-song, look into individual pedals or a better multieffect
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Pocket POD has a reg headphones jack, too...
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by Juadafi

Plug it in to the computer, make two presets...

Quote by Mr_CiNiC
Impossible to go through the effects easily, uses tripple A's (WTH) like they were candy, the quality isn't too good... I have one, really, don't blow your money.

Lrn2power adaptor.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Lrn2power adaptor.

It isn't "owning" if you're defending a $100 piece of sh*t excuse of a multi-effect.
Dick.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
It isn't "owning" if you're defending a $100 piece of sh*t excuse of a multi-effect.
Dick.

Calm down midge.

Why complain about something using too many batteries when any normal pedal power adaptor will solve the problem. It's not a hardware issue, it's a user issue.

Also, it isn't a multifx, it's a preamp and a headphone amp.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
It's a headphone amp with some effects good for practicing at 2 AM.

Also a normal power adapter WON"T WORK I've tried.
I also have one and IMO it's not worth it.I didn't like it.You could get a better if you can save a little more.
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Quote by bagpipemetal
It's a headphone amp with some effects good for practicing at 2 AM.

Also a normal power adapter WON"T WORK I've tried.

Funny, that's exactly what I have plugged into mine right this second, it's worked just fine that way for 2 years.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
It's... not really an effects processor. It's more of a plug-in-and-rock-out thing, when you want to play on the train but don't have an amp with you or haven't a socket nearby or are sitting next to some grannies Amp sims are reasonably cool, but you can do better for effects.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
Quote by STABxYOU
Funny, that's exactly what I have plugged into mine right this second, it's worked just fine that way for 2 years.

This. My power adaptor works with my friend's pocket pod