im still kinda looking for a new speaker set for my marshall MG cab. (no im not getting a new cab) anyways im up grading the speakers in it and really like them to be punchy and have a nice crang to them when you strum chords. so please give me suggestions pr point me in the right direction. btw, im running a vox ac30 cc2 with warfdales into the MG cab.
upgrade your amp, not your speakers.. vox's dont have "crang".. punchy tones are all in the amp.
i dont think it would be very wise to keep that cab, and it would be a waste to put high quality speakers in it. its made of chipboard if im right, and its smaller and hasnt got as good acoustic qualities. however, if you must insist...

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

it contains 2 V30 celestion speakers, they are essentially, the dogs bollocks. the cab is for cheaper than if you buy the speakers alone (baring in mind this is if you live in europe, shipping will probs cost alot) but yeah, you could buy the cab, try it out alone, see if you like it more than if you had the speakers in your MG cab, and if you would still rather have speakers in your MG cab, then take the speakers out the 2x12, put them in the MG cab, sell the 4 MG cab speakers and the empty 2x12, and then order a second 2x12, put the speakers in, sell the empty cab and presto. or you could put the spare speakers into the 2x12's and have a 4x12-2x12-2x12 setup >: D but thats up to you, for the best tone possible, id ditch the MG cab, and buy a nice custom empty cab, or make one, and then buy those speakers from thomann.

Hope ive helped.
I assume you mean that clanky kind of sound that you get from alnico speakers?
Quote by al112987
I assume you mean that clanky kind of sound that you get from alnico speakers?
I'd wager the same.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
celestion alnico blue speakers. they sound amazing with ac30's. i wouldn't buy 4 of them and put them in that cab though because they are expensive as hell.
Quote by joe_k
celestion alnico blue speakers. they sound amazing with ac30's. i wouldn't buy 4 of them and put them in that cab though because they are expensive as hell.
Seriously, putting a set of alnico blues into an MG cabinet is like putting a Porsche engine in a Ford pinto.
Quote by joe_k

Don't do this...

Celestion Alnico Blue Speakers sound amazing with AC30's. I wouldn't buy 4 of them, so put two in the combo and replace those Warfdale's. But, they are expensive as hell...

Do that.

Joe_K -->
Quote by dudey5691
On another note, what is crang?

(yes I know it's spelled with a K, but I couldn't resist)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by dudey5691

I don't get it.

Seriously? Krang? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Where have you been living?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Where in hell did you construct the term "crang"?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by pak1351
wtf is crang?

I am also wondering this. Some food for thought for you, TS - your MG cab is undersized, so it does not push an ideal amount of air.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Post a song where the guitarist has "crang" so we know what you mean.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by bubb_tubbs

Oh my god. *flashback or childhood memories*
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Like I said, I still don't get it.

oh, and LMAO

based on the youtube, I'm guessing English is not TS's native language. My vote goes for 'crank' but that video didn't really help. TS - buy a decent speaker cab for your awesome AC30!
Quote by bubb_tubbs

dammit I was thinking of this the whole time I was scrolling down the posts and I was gonna post this when I was done reading them. very nice, though lol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce