Alright. My spending range is ~800, I like the explorer shape but don't need it, I play deathcore, metalcore etc. I really like actives and I need a fast neck. I'd prefer not to go used. What I DID have my eyes on was the recently-released ESP LTD EX401DX. But, I have the ex400 which is nearly identical aside from the FR and flame maple finish.

Suggestions?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
try out a schecter, awesome guitars for the money. if thats not your cup of tea i heard that the epiphone Prophecy Futura FX are good for the price
Last edited by evh5150vanhalen at Aug 24, 2009,
Any specific reccomendations?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Try in the Electric Guitar forum. This is for amps, fx, etc.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Aw, dammit, sorry, forgot.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Schecter Blackjack ATX.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
in terms of specific models it depends on if you want mat finish or gloss active pickups or passive if your playing metalcore and death metal id suggest a hellraiser thats basically the top of the line schecter before the american custom shop stuff.
i have a c-1 hellraiser fr with emg 81 and 89 coil tap pickups,set neck.
the blackjack is similar but with seymour duncan blackouts and a mat finish on black and gloss aged white.
the omen series has passive pickups and a bolt on neck
but all in all you really have to look at their website to see what shape and stuff you want
http://www.schecterguitars.com/
Blackjack is $900 with Floyd Rose. Sorry, I meant $800 max. I don't like Jacksons. At all. My friend had 4 different $600+ ones that I played, didn't like.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
... Dude, you post on threads and hour and 27 minutes old?

Whatever. Thanks, that's $900 too though. Any opinion on the EX401DX, by the way?
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Last edited by Mr_CiNiC at Aug 24, 2009,
That C-1 FR, why is that so cheap?

And yeah, not too many have played it. Stores haven't seriously brought them in, and it got released, like, a week ago.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
Last edited by Mr_CiNiC at Aug 24, 2009,
its cheaper because its not as pretty like hellraisers no abalone inlay on the body and headstock. it also has a bolt on neck unlike the hellraisers that have a set with the the ultra access.
its also a licenced floyd rose and duncan designed, on the upper models you get the original floyd rose and better pickups, its a stripped down version for people on more of a budget
Last edited by evh5150vanhalen at Aug 24, 2009,
Damn, they don't have anything, like, in the middle? Haha... I mean, I like the $750 C-1 with the black cherry finish, but it doesn't have a trem...
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
I'd suggest that LTD... the bridge is reliable.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll contrast the LTD and the Hellraiser.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Love you too, babe.
The biggest difference is the feel of the neck.

The LTD has a MUCH more strat-like neck (thinner but not much than an MIM strat) than the Schecter's, which I think is more of a Gibson-style neck.
But I assume you know that already, judging by your LTD.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.