can someone recommend a good PA system/package that my band can use during practice? we are currently using a bass amp but it isnt loud enough.
Preferably under $200.
we just need sumthin that will let us hear the singer but also have decent quality.

thanks
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
Last edited by LG555 at Aug 24, 2009,
is a pa necessary for small gigs? providing you have some kind of vocal amp?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/packages-live-sound-pro-audio?N=100001+500245+338358&Ns=P_Price%7c0&rpp=20 How hard was that? $200 won't buy much for new gear, but it will be better than a guitar/bass amp.

@turtlewax, why would you need to bring a pa to a show? I never understand why new bands on here think venues don't have their own pa. They will.
ah, but pubs don't ave a PA
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check Carvin catalouges, Pawn shops, MF, and eBay. The best bet for practicing is the Fender Portables, and the small Carvin 4 inputs
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
so this is for practice I realise, but is it absolutely neccessary for a band to have a PA when gigging? Assuming they have a loud enough backline of course
Quote by turtlewax
so this is for practice I realise, but is it absolutely neccessary for a band to have a PA when gigging? Assuming they have a loud enough backline of course

Yes, a PA is required when playing. Most places will supply their own PA though so that's fine.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Read the guide to PA in the columns. IF you spend wisely then you can use your setup as vocal monitors when you go gigging.