I got an amp without an effects loop and I need one to be able to use my Boss RC-2 looper pedal. Is there a way I can compensate for it?

P.S. I've posted this topic before but I never got any useful answers and don't think you're helping if you simply explain what an effects loop is.
You're pretty much screwed as far as putting it in the effects loop, man. You could get an external loop, but it's not quite the same thing.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
you can try to put it in front of the amp, might not sound quite as good though
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
uhh...maybe I'm missing something, but can't you just put it at the end of your chain. I also have an RC-2 and that's what i do.
well if i put it in front its sounds terrible , like when you overdub multiple guitars it sounds like trash
Quote by SRVNumberOne
uhh...maybe I'm missing something, but can't you just put it at the end of your chain. I also have an RC-2 and that's what i do.

Yeah, but it's noisy as fuck. And yeah, it sounds like **** overdubbing multiples on an RC-2. Which is why I got the 20
--

--
Hows your electronic skillz? With a bit of know-how you can install an effects loop. I'm not sure how/what it involves you'd have to ask in GB&C, they'd be more help.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by stratman_13
Yeah, but it's noisy as fuck. And yeah, it sounds like **** overdubbing multiples on an RC-2. Which is why I got the 20

Well its not suppose to sound like that if you use an effects loop, which is what I'm trying to say
I think the reason it sounds so bad is cause it's just the pedal.

I don't think you're meant to use pedals like that or tuners in effects loop anyway. Always in front.

But maybe i'm wrong?
Quote by MiKill93
Well its not suppose to sound like that if you use an effects loop, which is what I'm trying to say

Yeah, I know. I was telling the guy who suggested running it in front of the amp.
--

--
What kind of amp do you have?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by stratman_13
Yeah, I know. I was telling the guy who suggested running it in front of the amp.

Oh, sorry then.
Quote by theacousticpunk
What kind of amp do you have?

I'm using it on a Line 6 Spider. I would use it on my Peavey Valveking, but its not at my house right now.
your only choice is to run it in front of the amp but you won't be able to record tracks using the effects or distortion on the amp. if you want any effect whatsoever you need to put it before the looper in your pedal chain.
We've discussed this before mate, and the answer is still the same I'm afraid, the only way you can do it is in front, regardles of how crap it sounds, it's your only option. A loop pedal will still put it in front of your amp, so that's not an option and there's not a toy out there that can add a loop to your amp. The only way is either taking it to a techie to see if they can mod it for you (costly maybe?), or buy an amp with an effects loop (again costly maybe?).

ONLY other way I can see it is maybe running a cable to a channel on a mixer of some sort from an output on your amp (line out if it has one), then use the loop pedal in the effects loop on the mixer then out to a power amp and more speakers. A huge and fairly uneccessary setup but one that will work if you can do withuout the speaker in your amp spurting out anything that the loop pedal produces, cos it won't.

No way out of this one fella I'm afraid! I'd seriously consider a new amp if this means so much to you.