I plan on buying an ENGL Fireball and am not too sure if I should go ahead and get the 60w or wait for the 100w to be released. I need an amp that is going to be good for everything I need; practice, gigging, etc. Is the 60w loud enough for band practices/playing shows? Or should I just simply wait for the more powerful 100w? Also, will the 100w have the same brutal tones of a 60w or is there going to be speculation on it sounded different?
The 100w is already out.

I've heard the 100w sounds much better than the 60w and takes care of everything owners of the 60w version don't like about it.

Either one will be loud enough for a gig though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The 100w is supposed to come out next month. Now will the 100w have just as much gain as the 60w?(Im assuming so based on what you said about the tone but I just want to make sure) and will getting the 100w also be suitable for say like bedroom settings just as much as it is for gigging?
I'd save up...you might not need the 100w now, but you could in the future...size matters =P
Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning.
- George W. Bush
Quote by Templar0220
The 100w is supposed to come out next month. Now will the 100w have just as much gain as the 60w?(Im assuming so based on what you said about the tone but I just want to make sure) and will getting the 100w also be suitable for say like bedroom settings just as much as it is for gigging?

yea, just turn the volume down.
Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning.
- George W. Bush
Quote by Templar0220
The 100w is supposed to come out next month.

Really? Someone on Harmony Central was already selling one...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright sweet. I have heard samples of the 60w and loved the brutal tones, but i havent really heard the full potential of the 100w yet and want to know it sounds just as brutal, i am VERY cautious on my purchases (especially with things that cost this much) so please don't mind my many questions if thats ok :p
the 100w has most definitely been on sale for a while now
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
60W is ferking louder than 99% of guitarists need anyway, if the 100W sounds better (going with matrix claw and IP on this one) you might as well get it instead.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by kayman121
the 100w has most definitely been on sale for a while now

hmm i honestly didn't know that, all the websites say they dont have them in yet. But just as a quick question, does the 100w still have the same vast gain reserves as the 60w? I made the mistake of buying an amp once that did not give enough gain for the tone I need so thats why im asking.
100W! Mid boost is your friend
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Templar0220
hmm i honestly didn't know that, all the websites say they dont have them in yet. But just as a quick question, does the 100w still have the same vast gain reserves as the 60w? I made the mistake of buying an amp once that did not give enough gain for the tone I need so thats why im asking.

Yeah, it's still a fireball after all. That amp has enough gain for even the most brutal types of metal at like 1 o clock max
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
its been released bro..
We even have it in New Zealand already and we get everything way after everyone else does

oh and 100W ftw
Woot! New Zealand...
Quote by no.mop
100W! Mid boost is your friend

Yeah I read that the 60w fireball gets lost in the mix because of its lack of sufficient mids. Will the mid boost on the 100w be enough to cure that or only help a little?
Quote by Templar0220
Yeah I read that the 60w fireball gets lost in the mix because of its lack of sufficient mids. Will the mid boost on the 100w be enough to cure that or only help a little?
The 100 is apparently already voiced with a focus on the low mids, the mid shift button is just further flexibility.
As for gain, the 100 is like the 60, when set to 4 it's more than most amps at 10.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION