we just cut down a HUGE oak tree and i was wondering how long should i dry the wood?

i've heardd mixed opinions about oak as a body so opinions would be appreciated...

and this would be going to a electric build so tone is not a HUGE matter but i would like it to have nice lows...
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
with or without a kiln? with a kiln, it would take months. without, it could take years.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
yea thats what i was thinking....i was thinking about taking it to a local lumber yard and see how much it would be to have them stick it in the kiln for a while for me
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

hmmm, okay, just tell them you want it at about 10% humidity, and they should have it done in a few months.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
yea..it may take a few months but i will have like 8 NICE wood blanks for pretty much free
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

nice man

EDIT: i meant 10% moisture content, not humidity!!!!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
yea i figured that out lol...i was like wha...

then i thought about it and was like ohhhh
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

A year for every inch thick it is if you want it to dry without a kiln is generally the rule of thumb. If you are going to let it go naturally though, you need to look up how to keep it from splitting and choose a method that sounds good to you.

Oak is fine for a body. I have found it to sound rather similar to ash.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
*find a wood drying kiln. not a ceramics kiln. not your oven.
*start the humidity in the kiln a bit lower than the woods moisture content.
*wait until the wood reaches the same moisture content.
*reduce humidity again.
*wait again.
*repeat until the wood has about a 10% moisture content.

this will take several months. TBH i highly doubt you are going to find a wood drying kiln, so you might as well just forget it...