Sam Ash is advertising the Gibson SG Diablo for $1300, and it looks sexy as hell. It's the best looking guitar I've ever seen in my life, and that's not hyperbole. But is it worth the money, aside from looking amazing?
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
hmmm, on MF it says it was discontinued. but it seems like a nice guitar, just remember to try before you buy, but it IS a higher end gibson, so i think it will be very solid, good luck if you purchase it.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
yeah, i think the regular price is around 3000. so its a great deal anyways.

I'd say its very similair to the sg standard, just with different (better, imo) looks.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
I don't know if my local store actually has it, but I'm hoping (and doubting) that they do.

And if they do, I'm selling everything I own to buy it.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
i like them. the carved top looks a little weird on such a thin body, but they're pretty cool. and they're normally $1800, so i'd say $1300 is a pretty good deal
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
It's one of the best limited releases from Gibson.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Buy it, no questions asked if its worth $3000 and your getting a deal at $1300. Even if you odnt like it you can hold on to it for a bit and sell it for over $3000
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
It's brilliant. That's all I have to say.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Easily one of the most beautiful guitars from Gibson.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
The Diablo is my favorite Gibson SG I want the first one that came in metallic red but they did a metallic white one as well.. I found them on the site when I did a search it didn't come up.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Aug 25, 2009,
Not surprised, they only made 1000. If you ever see one though you should pick it up, they're amazing instruments, if a tad over priced.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
It looks amazing, and for that price it's a steal, as they've been discontinued. I think they were only their Guitar of the Month or something. Pity we can't have more Guitars of the Month like the Diablos. *coughHOLEYEXPLORERcough*
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by burnboy85
Its pretty much a carved SG with 24 frets, burstbuckers, and less controls. It will probably sound different from a SG, because of the neck, pickups, and tone controls.

and the carved top
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Thats a steal. Get it!
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab