Ive decided i like the look of the squier classic vibe tele and i've read a lot of good things about it. So teles are famed for their twangy, clear sound right ? but how do they and in particular this guitar, handle fuzz and distortion ? could you get a good smashing pumpkins, silverchair, nirvana sort of sound with it ? ( sorry for any n00bness ) cheers
Meh...
telecaster are great they are most know for thier twany sound but can get into metal or any music. ex. jim root telecaster which has EMGS
personally i would recomemd the squire telecaster custom since it has humbuckers so it handles distortion better but if you want the classic vibe thats cool too.
Classic Vibe is a great guitar, and Tele's are much more versatile than most people want to believe
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by DIFTWOOD
telecaster are great they are most know for thier twany sound but can get into metal or any music. ex. jim root telecaster which has EMGS
personally i would recomemd the squire telecaster custom since it has humbuckers so it handles distortion better but if you want the classic vibe thats cool too.

The Jim Root Telecaster is mahogany with two EMG humbuckers.. It's only a Telecaster in body and headstock shape.

But to the OP, Telecasters are much more versatile than people may make it seem. They can handle distortion pretty well, although they do make a much brighter tone than most guitars. If you're looking for a very warm distortion, then a Tele may not be the best choice.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
i play that kind of stuff on a telecaster that has a sh configuration. i use the bridge for everything except the solos, cuz the neck humbucker smoothes out the tone. but its very possable to play that stuff on a tele. in fact it sounds really good if you can live with the brightness. which sounds very good in grunge music.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by Stay Up Late
The Jim Root Telecaster is mahogany with two EMG humbuckers.. It's only a Telecaster in body and headstock shape.
But to the OP, Telecasters are much more versatile than people may make it seem. They can handle distortion pretty well, although they do make a much brighter tone than most guitars. If you're looking for a very warm distortion, then a Tele may not be the best choice.

uhh when did a tele have to have two single coils to be a telecaster....