Hey guys... So, I'm looking to replace my Ibanez TBX amp (It's alright, certainly nothing special), and my main choice is the Peavey Vypyr (Looking in that price range, the other options were Line 6 Spider III or a Marshal MG, and both sound crap imo). However, from what I've heard of of the peavey (IRL and reviews) it's a solid amp. I play Muse, Paramore, Jimi Hendrix, Ratm, Avenged Sevenfold, BFMV, The Strokes, and pretty much anything else. Also, I want to swap out the bridge pickup in my (Squier ) Strat. From what I can tell, a Humbucker won't fit, but either way I was planning on getting a SC. Is there a specific one that will act as a HB though? I can't play in the Bridge position for so much interference.

Thanks, if anyone can help me!
I Have it and I play everything you do besides paramore and it's great (I have the tube model though) And my Squier is routed for humbuckers in neck and bridge. If yours is an Affinity check under the pickguard I'm sure it'll be the route you need
Have you actually taken off the pickguard to have a look inside? Most Squiers these days are pre-routed to accommodate H-S-H configuration. At least mine is.

A stacked humbucker is probably what you're looking for, although it won't deliver the same fat sound as a proper sized humbucker. More of a cross between a humbucker and a single coil.

And from what I've heard of the Vypyrs, they're pretty good.
I'm not gunna be a d*ck like a hell of a lot of people here will, but... You oughta move this to the GG&A (Guitar Gear & Accessories) section. That's for amps etc.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Have a look at w bugera 333xl it's a tube tho I think there around the same price
I have a Peavey Vypyr 15, and it's great!! I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and it sounds good on it. The reason why I couldn't buy a better amp to go with my Epiphone (maybe like a Marshall), is that my guitar cost £350, and I didn't want to spend more than £420 when I consider the cost of the amp as well...

But I didn't regret getting a Vypyr at all. The only thing bad, was that it has no foot switch option, but that doesn't really bother me
I own a Vypyr 30. Don't get the 15 watt. Just because the 30 is louder and has more stuff to play with (stomp boxes). Vypyrs are nice, and I can say, I love this amp so damn much.

EDIT: ^ Have you heard of the sanpera? Or was that not what you were on about?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I love my Vypyr 30, got it a few months ago and still feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of potential tones. I asked the guy at the store if this was a good move for a beginner who has been using a crappy 10 watt practice amp, he told me it was the last amp I'd need for a long time and so far he looks 100% right
I have a vypyr 30w for a practice amp and it get loud for it's size.

And get the Sampera II foot controller with it.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
I have the 120 watt Vypyr and it is amazing, but mine is the tube version. I also have an Ibazez 30 watt TBX and it kinda sucks, its alright, but the Vypyr is an easy decision here
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I was playing a vypyr 30 at the local guitar store on the weekend for about 2 hours, it really is a nice amp and I think I am going to grab it myself, however I coudlnt even turn the volume up to 2 without the whole store hearing me haha, although that could also be because it seemed the ibanez s/rg's I was trying out seem to not have any volume adjustment, itjust seemed either on or off heh. Even the prestige RG I tried :/

When I was playing however I overheard one of the employees talking to someone and saying that the line6 spiders have better sound, I kinda wondered since everyone on here says the complete opposite *shrug*

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
When I was playing however I overheard one of the employees talking to someone and saying that the line6 spiders have better sound, I kinda wondered since everyone on here says the complete opposite *shrug*

if you were at GC, its only cause they're trying to sell them. its what they do. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
if you were at GC, its only cause they're trying to sell them. its what they do. lol

Yeah...
The Vypyr beats out the Spider and the MG by a long shot.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have the Vypyr 30 and have not been disappointed.
Seriously, I'm in the band.