Hey, I'm going to college soonish and i am wondering if i could take my electric guitar and amp etc with me. I have a Line 6 Bogner Spider Valve 112 40W Tube Amp and i am wondering if this amp is too big/loud to bring to college with me. I also have a Schecter C-1 Classic. Also, is college safe enough to bring a guitar and amp i care about without big fear of it being stolen?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

DREAM THEATER ROCKS

Equipment:
Guitar- Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp- Line 6 Bogner Spider Valve 112 40W
Pedal- Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95
they dont usually care how big it is.... they care how loud you play it. dont be stupid and blair the mother ****er but i highly doubt they will just outright tell you to get rid of it. do it. oh and i wouldnt worry tooo much about stolen guitar/amp... that kind of stuff sticks out really bad if its kept by who stole it.... but keep your door locked when you aren't in it.
I'd trade that Spyder for an MG100. Don't worry if anybody is telling you to stop playing. They are just heckling you.

Also feel free to leave your door unlocked and open when you go out. Nobody will take anything.
my stuff was completely safe

but then again, nobody was taking the amp, it is hard to steal 75 lbs and not be noticed
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by joshua122593
Do you have a roommate?

If so, chances are you're gonna get your guitar stolen.

um.... no..... going to have to disagree with you. depends on the roomate... get to know him and figure out if he is shady.... shouldn't be hard to figure out. i had my guitar/amp in my room for 2 years now.... no problems
As long as you can trust your roomate, who has a key, why not. I'd recomend locking your guitar in its case to a desk (like a laptop) or something when your not there though.

Edit: Use headphones maybe?
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Last edited by Its So Easy at Aug 24, 2009,
I took my guitar and amp and was never worried about it getting stolen in the dorms. I had a roommate and between the two of us there was someone in the room for a good amount of most days, and if neither of us were there, the door was locked.
Really it depends on your situation though, can't really say because i don't know where you're going. But from my experience its safe.
If you are staying in a dorm, just be aware of the noise level and that you have a lot of neighbors in close quarters who probably will not want to hear you play most of the time. So just keep it down, you should be ok
Quote by Capitalistklok
um.... no..... going to have to disagree with you. depends on the roomate... get to know him and figure out if he is shady.... shouldn't be hard to figure out. i had my guitar/amp in my room for 2 years now.... no problems

Oops

I meant only if your roommate is a turd, then yes
I have a 60 watt tube amp this year and it works out fine. Granted I am in a frat house now, but last year I was in a dorm and it would have been fine. If your roommate is cool and you guys lock your door it won't get stolen. If the spider has a master volume you'll be fine for sure... IDK if it does or not.

I can't crank it but it still sounds pretty good at the volumes it has to be at.
Last edited by KingJustinian25 at Aug 24, 2009,
im takin my marshall half stack and a jim root tele to my dorm with me, and im not worried about it bein stolen or anything, as long your roomates down its cool, and if not get some headphones haha
thanks for all the replies. yes i have a roommate but i havent met him yet. And with my amp there's no headphone jack for it :/ i am getting a lil' vox amplug soon tho. i think i will have my acoustic 1st half of the year then make the decision 2nd half of the year

DREAM THEATER ROCKS

Equipment:
Guitar- Schecter C-1 Classic
Amp- Line 6 Bogner Spider Valve 112 40W
Pedal- Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95
Holy Shit, No Way Would Someone Even Dare Steal The Prodigy's Gear. What Kind Of Idiot Would Deprive Such An Amazing Virtuoso Of His Prized Guitar?!?!?!?!??!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.
If you're gonna bump a year old thread, at least learn to bypass the caps lock filter.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
If you're gonna bump a year old thread, at least learn to bypass the caps lock filter.
Sheesh, i just wanted to have my say in the hopes that they prodigy would see it Don't have to be rude.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.
I'm going to college next year and I'm living in their apartments and was wondering the same thing. I have a spider IV 150 so i think thatd be hard to steal without making noise.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
hEY!!!!!!Rock 'n Roll men.!!!!I like this forum I really love to sing with guitar.I used to sing with my bandmates in the club having fun and mingled with others.Its my nature to sing and I love to play guitar.I love to see people having fun and the flow of our show is very perfect.HOOOOOOOOOH!

make money online
Last edited by James23LAC at Jul 21, 2010,
Quote by James23LAC
hEY!!!!!!Rock 'n Roll men.!!!!I like this forum I really love to sing with guitar.I used to sing with my bandmates in the club having fun and mingled with others.Its my nature to sing and I love to play guitar.I love to see people having fun and the flow of our show is very perfect.HOOOOOOOOOH!

Why was that so goddamn funny?
Quote by James23LAC

make money online

I don't know if he was trolling but he sure was advertising with the make money link.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150