ok so i've recently attempted to play the beat it solo. and now im pretty interested in the brown sound

i am saving up for a Ceriatone 18w TMB right now. im using it to get page/slash/gary moore tones. im wondering if the 18w TMB can also do or attempt the brown sound.

ps - does anybody know a good guide/tutorial for the beat it solo? im having trouble with the part AFTER the first tapping part (15-14-12-10).
I doubt the Ceriatone could get the Brown Sound on its own. Part of the 'brown sound' is the huge transformers and high wattage of the 1959SLP, not to mention the insane volumes Eddie ran that amp at. You could certainly try, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Add into that that the amp was modded, and he ran it on a Variac, which lowered the voltage, which let him overdrive it more and faster....

I'd just get a Wampler Pinnacle.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i clicked on this thread and thought you were gonna ask about the sound that makes people lose control of their bowels

i'm a little disappointed
That's the Brown Note, dude. And it's been busted
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
That's the Brown Note, dude. And it's been busted

thanks for clearing up the name. and i know it's not possible
well im not really trying to "get" the brown sound. im just into somehting that will get close to it. im getting the ceriatone whether it can get the brown sound or not.

so anyone know any pedals i can run thru the ceriatone to make it sound brown sound?
Quote by Luxifer
well im not really trying to "get" the brown sound. im just into somehting that will get close to it. im getting the ceriatone whether it can get the brown sound or not.

so anyone know any pedals i can run thru the ceriatone to make it sound brown sound?

Quote by stratman_13

That'll do the brown sound very well.

STREDIT: I just quoted myself...
--

--
You could've saved yourself by +1ing your own quote, bro.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
You'll get a semblance of the brown sound. Its not going to sound just like it, but then again, I don't think you have the 2g's to get and mod a marshall to EVH's spec. And in the long run I don't believe it'll be worth it to get a single good sound.

Get the amp from ceriatone, turn every single knob all the way clockwise and enjoy the sound that comes out.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by Raijouta
You could've saved yourself by +1ing your own quote, bro.

I know. I wasn't thinking
--

--
Quote by Luxifer

I've got a non-TMB 18-watter, and with one or two pedals it gets very close indeed. You'll never get it perfect, the voicing of a 1x12 open-back combo is probably the biggest hindrance.
Doesn't the fact that it has treble mid and bass controls take away from the gain, though?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
Doesn't the fact that it has treble mid and bass controls take away from the gain, though?

Which one? The pedal, or his amp?
--

--
The amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
the tmb channel has more gain than the normal channel. it has an extra preamp tube im pretty sure.
Quote by Raijouta

No, the TMB also has a preamp gain control, unlike the standard 1974x which is just 'volume' and 'tone'.
I see...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
lol buckethead... i love buckethead too. but his tone is sorta generic you know. well maybe i dont really know his tone but yeah to me it sounds like nothing special

one of my goals in life is to play the nottingham lace.
I like Bucket's softer stuff, like Padmasana, or Soothsayer. I can't really dig the whole I-play-too-fast-for-human-ears-to-follow stuff he does. Except for, as mentioned, nottingham lace
--

--
big sur moon is yummy. unfortunately, i dont have a delay pedal

i wouldnt be able to get an MI pedal.

im pretty sure i can search downtown toronto for a wampler pinnacle.
Quote by stratman_13
Add into that that the amp was modded, and he ran it on a Variac, which lowered the voltage, which let him overdrive it more and faster....

The amp that got the Brown Sound was not modded. It was a stock '68 Plexi. The modded part was thrown in later by Eddie to generate business for Jose Arredondo.

TS, read this: http://amptone.com/eddievanhalenrig.htm

EDIT: By the way, if all you want is a pedal, the Kaden Brown Creeper is the closest I've gotten in pedal form and I believe Kaden is making effects again.

EDIT2: Nevermind, Kaden's still out of business. This is practically the same thing though. http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=21&Itemid=45
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 24, 2009,
which is closer - an MI crunchbox or the wampler?

@mmolteratx - i probably cant build that pedal yet. as my pedal building skills are pretty ****.
Lmao, a passive eq IS a detrimint to gain, but unless you want to sound like a flabby pile of ass (read: Rectifier) you won't want to use an active eq.

Stick with what works!
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel