I went to sam ash today with 350 bucks planning to buy a vox valvetronix vt30 and got out with nothing...why you ask....cause of those stupid long haired hippie guys at samash. I went up to one of the guys and said can i try that vox amp over their...and the guy said "only if your sure your gonna buy it" and Im like how can I buy something without trying it out...and hes like people buy stuff here to collect not to play....and im like for gods sake it a vox vt30!!! I left out of anger after that lol....anything like this ever happen to you guys?
Last edited by ACES163 at Aug 24, 2009,
Cool story bro.

I had to say it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Lmao. What happened to that first post? the one where the guy said "yeah, I love it when ppl joke around with me."

anywho, reply to that reply:

THOROUGHLY OWNED. Gj guy.
Quote by ACES163
I went to sam ash today with 350 bucks planning to buy a vox valvetronix vt30 and got out with nothing...why you ask....cause of those stupid long haired hippie guys at samash. I went up to one of the guys and said can i try that vox amp over their...and the guy said "only if your sure your gonna buy it" and Im like how can I buy something without trying it out...and hes like people buy stuff here to collect not to play....and im like for gods sake it a vox vt30!!! I lest out of anger after that lol....anything like this ever happen to you guys?

Sounds like you have a problem managing your anger.
Quote by Patty-cakez
Lmao. What happened to that first post? the one where the guy said "yeah, I love it when ppl joke around with me."

anywho, reply to that reply:

THOROUGHLY OWNED. Gj guy.

Wait...WTF?

Where'd mah fockin' post go...
i was in long and mcquade (canadian music store) and this prick that worked there pretty much refused to serve me because i was trying to buy a left handed guitar
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
i will never go to sam ash ever. For one no one there ever helps you out with anything. There's a reason why no one's ever in that store. Also they don't carry gibson products. Bottom line if you want good guitar support go to a guitar store.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by soulflyV
Sounds like you have a problem managing your anger.

I kinda do....and is that a mudkip!
Wow.
I've never had an experience like that.

With the Sam Ash I go to you don't have to ask to play on something or get a guitar down.. you go in and do what you want.

I've talked to the workers there to and the customer support is far better than the only other big music store around which is Guitar Center and we know how GC goes...
bleh
Quote by TechnicolorType
Wow.
I've never had an experience like that.

With the Sam Ash I go to you don't have to ask to play on something or get a guitar down.. you go in and do what you want.

I've talked to the workers there to and the customer support is far better than the only other big music store around which is Guitar Center and we know how GC goes...
bleh

how does guitar center roll?
I don't even have any guitar shops within 20 minutes of me where I can actually pull a guitar down to test it, so consider yourself lucky

Although there is a place within a 5 minutes walk of me that sells guitars, its a very small shop. Still, if I break a string, I can simply walk there and buy more
Quote by ACES163
how does guitar center roll?

It's just..
so bad.
I can't describe it.

Basically all the workers are middle aged men who don't have any experience or knowledge with music and work there because they can't find a job elsewhere.

There actually was a topic in the pit at a time with storys on Guitar Center experiences..
Might be able to find it.

edit:
Here's one.. I'm sure there's a fair share of responses about the actual customer support in it:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518268&highlight=guitar+center+stories
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by riffmasterjosh
i will never go to sam ash ever. For one no one there ever helps you out with anything. There's a reason why no one's ever in that store. Also they don't carry gibson products. Bottom line if you want good guitar support go to a guitar store.

No. They carry them at the Sam Ash in my area.

And also, my Sam Ash is very helpful, employee-wise. Our Guitar Center is ok, but Sam Ash just seems to have smarter people. I think it just comes down to where you live, and the stores in your area.
Last edited by JP Oliver at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by TechnicolorType
It's just..
so bad.
I can't describe it.

Basically all the workers are middle aged men who don't have any experience or knowledge with music and work there because they can't find a job elsewhere.

There actually was a topic in the pit at a time with storys on Guitar Center experiences..
Might be able to find it.

oooo know where to find them?
Quote by bellamy_morello
i was in long and mcquade (canadian music store) and this prick that worked there pretty much refused to serve me because i was trying to buy a left handed guitar

Haha. I love when I run into douchebag store clerks. That way I have a good story to tell.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
really? the guys at my sam ash are really nice
*reported*
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....