What sort of laptop would be suitable for me recording?

I'm looking at macs, but don't really like garageband - logic seems a bit complicated too.
I will prob be using reaper along with my pod ux1.

Around that sort of price range or under (800 or under).

Thanks,
AJ
MAcs are still good. very efficient. id reccomend looking at a refurbished mac.

whatever you end up going with, i only reccomend against a dell, I've had a couple, and have had nothing but problems. but i recently purchased a macbook, and via garageband actually, have almost mixed and recorded my first ep.
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer - White
PRS SE Singlecut
Fender Acoustic

Amps:
Crate head w/ POD preamp
Crate 120 watt POS
Crate Cab
Quote by mashizz
hp's are usually pretty reliable, id' go with one of those

Please don't get an HP...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Please don't get an HP...

macs are better but for his budget he's not gonna find a good one. what's wrong with hps?
Look for something with a 7200rpm hard drive, and capacity for 4GB RAM.

It could be cheaper to buy the RAM separately, than get a laptop that comes with 4GB.
Cool...

I was thinking of getting a macbook pro unibody with student discount (£750), it comes with a free ipod which i could also sell.

2.13ghz
2gb ram
160gb memory

I think that should be good enough, but that's just me...
Quote by ankthebank
Cool...

I was thinking of getting a macbook pro unibody with student discount (£750), it comes with a free ipod which i could also sell.

2.13ghz
2gb ram
160gb memory

I think that should be good enough, but that's just me...

im assuming thats duo core cpu right? anyways i dont know if you can increase ram in mac laptops but if you can, upgrade as much as possible. as for your hardrive buy an external drive with around 500-750 gigs solely for audio recording. if you ever get drum vst's youll need a LOT of room. so if you sell the ipod im sure you could get ram and a hardrive with that money. those are two of the most important things with audio.
Quote by blue_strat
Look for something with a 7200rpm hard drive, and capacity for 4GB RAM.

It could be cheaper to buy the RAM separately, than get a laptop that comes with 4GB.

This. If your any kind of tech-savvy you could in theory build your own laptop or just buy the parts and have a buddy put it together. Individual parts are much cheaper too. Or just get something that allows you to modify the hardware and you could do minor upgrades.