Right now im playing a Peavey Valveking 112 with a Fender MIM Strat. Can someone reccomend pedals, or anything that would give me a good blues tone? Thanks
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
You might want an attenuator, like a THD Hotplate. This will allow you to get power amp overdrive at lower volumes, and it's that kind of distortion that OD pedals are built to emulate.
Quote by blue_strat
You might want an attenuator, like a THD Hotplate. This will allow you to get power amp overdrive at lower volumes, and it's that kind of distortion that OD pedals are built to emulate.

No need for the attenuator I think. He could just take the Texture switch and switch all the way to full Class A and turn up the volume a bit. ValveKings tend to break up earlier that way.

I have one. I've been messing with it lately.
Is blues one of several genres you play, or do you play it primarily/plan to get into it alot more? If so, you might want to look into power tubes with earlier breakup...

Otherwise an EQ and speaker swap are always beneficial to the Valveking no matter what genres you play.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Define 'good' and 'blues'.

Are you playing pussy **** like John Mayer, elevator **** like Robben Ford, or real **** like Johnny Shines?
if you really want a pedal look into a tubescreamer or a boss bd-2

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Last edited by REV3LATI0N at Aug 24, 2009,
Quote by imgooley

Are you playing pussy **** like John Mayer, elevator **** like Robben Ford, or real **** like Johnny Shines?

Man, no matter how much you hate John Mayer (and I agree that he's not a bluesman or anything like that) you can't deny that he's got good tone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Man, no matter how much you hate John Mayer (and I agree that he's not a bluesman or anything like that) you can't deny that he's got good tone.

Deny.
Quote by imgooley

Goolz, you made my night.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Raijouta

Pfffft, Robben Ford was in that list and you say John Mayer's the one with undeniably good tone?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs