I basically play in my bedroom and dabble in recording, the problem is that with electric it's boring to play without a band, another problem is that EVERYONE around where I live is into poppy alt rock whereas I'm wanting to play metal.

Any ideas?

I'm also thinking of going acoustic since I really love celtic music.
You could join an online band and collaborate over the internet.

Check out the Musician Ads forum.
maybe you should try acoustic, it might introduce you to some new genres that could get you interested in your electric playing
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I've thought about that but I'd rather play in an actual band, I've done recording and while it's kind of fun it's not super great by yourself. If I had a lot of money and could afford to buy an acoustic and keep my electric for messing around than I would but I don't have a ton of money. the reason I'm hesitant to sell my electric is that it has sentimental value (And looks pretty awesome, see sig)
play metal, **** the world.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Listen to some new genres of music and try something different with your playing. Maybe try compromising with some other musicians to play a style of music you can both agree on.
Quote by bagpipemetal
I've thought about that but I'd rather play in an actual band, I've done recording and while it's kind of fun it's not super great by yourself. If I had a lot of money and could afford to buy an acoustic and keep my electric for messing around than I would but I don't have a ton of money. the reason I'm hesitant to sell my electric is that it has sentimental value (And looks pretty awesome, see sig)

i clickced the link in you sig, you have a rediculously nice guitar sir
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by bagpipemetal
I basically play in my bedroom and dabble in recording, the problem is that with electric it's boring to play without a band, another problem is that EVERYONE around where I live is into poppy alt rock whereas I'm wanting to play metal.

How funny, I have the same problem, only its ass backwards, minus the poppy part.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I like pretty much every style of music including alternative rock, the problem is the particular style of alternative rock that everyone around me likes is the sappy, crappy fray style of alt-rock, I even like U2 (Great band) and coldply whoa re considered alt-pop but the stuff people around me want to play involes sappy lyrics and high vocals uuuuuggggghhhh,

Maybe if i had better recording equipment I'd like the one-man-band idea better.

Thanks, I like my guitar a lot!
Post on your local craigslist. Theres a musician category thing, just say your looking for bassist, drummer, singer etc. who wants to play metal. I doubt you are the ONLY person where you live who wants to play metal. By all means though, play some acoustic.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
try acoustic. i'm pretty fickle... i'll play electric for a while, and then switch over to acoustic for a while. as long as you don't stop altogether, you'll be fine.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I love acoustic music, especially Irish and Celtic folk music which Probably love as much as I do metal (Get's me weird looks when I tell people the music I like) I don't have a ton of money right now so I can't buy an acoustic guitar, also most of the money I have is going towards my Bagpipe fund (they cost around $1000-$1500) And I've done posted on craigslist, unless you like country and southern rock around here (Tennessee/Alabama border) your out of luck.