I have a squire Stratocaster. it was the first guitar I ever got, and it's very well made, it plays very nice, but it has cheap hardware. So i decided to mod the guitar alot, so it lives up to my liking. I am going to paint it, replace the bridge and the tuners etc. For the pick ups I either want a HSS or HSH set, but I'm not sure which would work better for me.

I play mostly hard rock/rock. Foo Fighters, Stone Sour, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, Creed, Alter Bridge, and Dream Theater. Plus my band is right up the same alley. So i was wondering which pick up configuration would be best for me. Btw, the guitar is already routed for the HSH/HSS configuation.

And i was looking at getting some DiMarzio pick ups, so any suggestions you have for the pick ups i should get would be appreciated as well.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War
go HSH, and get some DiMarzio's...
you'll need that neck for certain shredding or some nice clean tones,
so put a nice clean pickup in that hole
get something raging hot for the bridge
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
I'd replace the nut before the bridge, what would you replace the bridge with? how much better can a strat bridge really be? Dimarzio makes good pickups. Anyone really should be a substantial upgrade for the squier. You can't really go wrong with a Paf Pro or Tone Zone.
Quote by Shred-Hed
I'd replace the nut before the bridge, what would you replace the bridge with? how much better can a strat bridge really be? Dimarzio makes good pickups. Anyone really should be a substantial upgrade for the squier. You can't really go wrong with a Paf Pro or Tone Zone.

Graphtech saddles and larger tremolo block, or Wilkinson tremolo.
For pick ups, I was looking for a nice heavy pup for the bridge, I good clean one for the neck, and maybe something more jazzy for the middle.

As far as the bridge. JonoElMuffinMan got it. I want to put a FR one there, but that would be mighty hard.

But for the tremolo, would I be able to put a locking nut on it with a regular tremolo like the stock/standard one? Because if you lay on that one even a little your strings go way out of whack.
Quote by Aurex
Knightmare you are the winner

Gear:
Jay Turser Les Paul
PRS SE Custom 24
Washburn Paul Stanley Sig
Fender Stratocaster
Fender CD-60CE
Line 6 Spider III 120
VK112 w/Man o War