Page 1 of 7
Having just finished Season 5, I must say...surely one of the greatest, if not the greatest, TV shows of all time. Just so many good characters, the writing, acting, story, dialogue...just so good

Anyway, this here be a thread for discussing all Wire-affiliated topics

The Bunk and Omar

Quote by voteforpedro36
I'm American and what is this?

A TV show

Buy the complete boxset and start watching NOW
Quote by lp345
A TV show

Buy the complete boxset and start watching NOW

Can I buy it in America? Meh I'll watch it on the internet tomorrow.
I got about half way through the first season, but I couldn't get in to it, my dad says it's amazing too, but to me, it just seems like a longer, slightly more interesting episode of Law and Order with a lesbian.
Ive never seen it but those are some br0014l black guys
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
What is this show about?
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
¿que?

translation: what?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by toby3p0
What is this show about?

Its basically about the cops versus the drug dealers in Baltimore, but it goes into so much more than that, just calling it a cop show is kinda an insult...
I love The Wire. I was actually pretty upset when I finished the box set because I knew there'd be no more

Favourite season is probably 2.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
I love The Wire. I was actually pretty upset when I finished the box set because I knew there'd be no more

Favourite season is probably 2.

Yeah man I finished the series last night and I'm sad too I'm contemplating watching it through again though already

My favourite season is probably...3. It was just epic. Season 2 is probably my next fav. though, I don't get why many people don't like it
Have you seen Generation Kill? Mini-series by David Simon, he did it after The Wire. It's also very good.
I'm watching it at the moment, much love for Omar and Bunk, good god they are badass.
Best scene is in season one where Bunk and McNulty are at the old crime scene examining the kitchen and the only lines are "****" and mother****er" repeated over and over; brilliant!

EDIT: FOUND IT!
Last edited by Cyberbob at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by Cyberbob
I'm watching it at the moment, much love for Omar and Bunk, good god they are badass.
Best scene is in season one where Bunk and McNulty are at the old crime scene examining the kitchen and the only lines are "****" and mother****er" repeated over and over; brilliant!

One of my favourite scenes. Classic
We're just onto S5 over here, and I must say, I like it. I've only seen S4 so far, but I don't feel too worried about that. The way the story develops just seems to drag me in.

Was I alone in having a smirk when the fat drugs officer gets busted at the end of S4?
Bunk's a genius character - his photocopier/lie detector trick was clever.

The funny thing which occurs to me about it, from a UK perspective at least, is that we probly don't know that much about Baltimore. (There's a Baltimore Road in Glenrothes, where the agency I work for is based. Fife Police's HQ is round the corner in...Detroit Road. It's a proper geographical headf**k!) The America we see in the media is largely LA, NY, Miami, Boston, SF, Woodstock, rednecks, The Klan, and the college system. So can anyone in Baltimore educate me a bit more about the place? Just out of interest.
I just read on Wikipedia that Obama's favourite TV show is The Wire and Omar is his favourite character

That was reason enough to vote him in
Love it!

"Indeeeeeed"
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
the wire is awesome. its on at like 20 to midnight every night in the Uk so ive been watching it.
quality show
Only just noticed this thread, up to S5E2, although I've heard 5 is the worst season? Would probably go 4>3>1>2 so far, although it's all been pretty damn magnificent.

Snoop and Mistah Prezbo.
Quote by IronBeard
Only just noticed this thread, up to S5E2, although I've heard 5 is the worst season? Would probably go 4>3>1>2 so far, although it's all been pretty damn magnificent.

Snoop and Mistah Prezbo.

The first scene in S4 with Snoop at the hardware store talking to the assistant was hilarious, the look on his face was priceless Prez is awesome as a teacher too
The interogation techniques were awesome

This show really makes me wanna be a pole-ece
Quote by 20cdndollars
I got about half way through the first season, but I couldn't get in to it, my dad says it's amazing too, but to me, it just seems like a longer, slightly more interesting episode of Law and Order with a lesbian.

This ignorant mother****er needs some education.

1) Law and Order doesn't have a gay guy who robs drug dealers whilst whistling "The Farmer in the Dell"
2) Law and Order doesn't have a series about school which is the same high quality as the other series, possibly better
3) Law and Order is **** >_>
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
It simply is the best Drama made for TV ever. I don't think that's an overstatement, either.

I'm just into series 5 now, watching the late night showings on BBC2, and videoing ever episodes. (old skool, bitch). I really can't get enough of the show, oh, also, who else was so depressed by the end of series 4? My God, so bleak.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
It simply is the best Drama made for TV ever. I don't think that's an overstatement, either.

I'm just into series 5 now, watching the late night showings on BBC2, and videoing ever episodes. (old skool, bitch). I really can't get enough of the show, oh, also, who else was so depressed by the end of series 4? My God, so bleak.

What happened with Randy is the closest TV has ever got me to crying

Poor Randy
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by freddaahh

What happened to Bubbles ripped my heart in two
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
(Invalid img)

thieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Shiiiiiieeeeeettt.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
One thing which was great about series 4 was the way it played with you and the kids. I hated Namond at first, and he seemed the most hopeless of them all. But to see what happened to him was actually so uplifting, and it was absolutely tragic how the lives of Randy, Dukie and Micheal have turned out. Dukie especially.

Oh yeah, Bodie.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
One thing which was great about series 4 was the way it played with you and the kids. I hated Namond at first, and he seemed the most hopeless of them all. But to see what happened to him was actually so uplifting, and it was absolutely tragic how the lives of Randy, Dukie and Micheal have turned out. Dukie especially.

Oh yeah, Bodie.

SPOILARS

I loved Bodie, even after what he did to Wallace

At least he had a final blaze of glory, went out like a man
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
"You come at the king, you best not miss. "

amazing show! every season equally great except 5 was a little bit letdown... just because of that scene were omar turns into superman....