Ok, basically I'm finally in college and I started class today, and there was one thing that no one bothered to mention.

That is how much time that everyone demands from you. Seriously, this is more work than I have ever gotten for three classes.

If its gonna be like this every day, how am I gonna get anything done, let alone have some time for my other hobbies.

So yeah, pit, for those of you that are in or have been to college, how do you manage your time exactly.

I'm trying to get my own system going here, but I want some second opinions.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I've always found that writing lists helps when you're figuratively buried in work to do. List tasks by priorities and break them up into steps in order to get them done. Note deadlines, importance, amount of time needed... it helps me to see where I'm at, instead of a whole pile of work.
In general when they assign 30+ pages a night, you only need to take a cursory glance at it. It should be the subject of the next lecture where they should hopefully go more in-depth into it.

Make sure you take thorough notes in class, that's practically all I used to study for exams/quizzes/tests and I made the dean's list both semesters. It's a good idea to review that days notes at some point in the evening because it helps your brain encode the information to your permanent memory so you should retain it better than cramming the night before your exams (which I also recommend).
If something is important enough to you, you make time. That's all, man.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Use class time as much as possible? Idk. I'm 14, what the **** do you want from me!
idk where you go to school, but i have plenty of time to do all my work and still relax, party, or do my own hobbies
DECRESCENDO
i'm starting college on the 2nd of september, i hope i wont be ****ed like you are.
Quote by herby190
Use class time as much as possible? Idk. I'm 14, what the **** do you want from me!

He might want you to end your question with a question mark. I might be far off the course, here, but that's a start.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by CrabSoldier X
idk where you go to school, but i have plenty of time to do all my work and still relax, party, or do my own hobbies

CU Boulder
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by strat0blaster
He might want you to end your question with a question mark. I might be far off the course, here, but that's a start.

I wanted to emphasize that it was yelling, but didn't feel like using caps. I mean, it's The Pit; who really cares?
Quote by RU Experienced?
My brother goes there.

You two should have sex.

I'm not gay
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I'm not gay

What's wrong with gay people? HMM? You can't have sex with a man without being gay?

That's racist, man
when you get back from class, go over your work. When people want to go eat, stay in and go over your work. When you're considering turning in for the night, go over your work. When your friends are going to a party, go over your work.

Basically, you aren't in high school anymore. There is no taking time to relax after you get home from school, and you aren't going to do well if you wait until 5 in the evening to start cracking open the textbooks. Your priorities are basically:

1. eat/sleep/survive
2. study

If you somehow manage to finish your work with time to spare, THEN you can go enjoy yourself.
hey i just started at college too

Quote by Le_Bunny
I've always found that writing lists helps when you're figuratively buried in work to do. List tasks by priorities and break them up into steps in order to get them done. Note deadlines, importance, amount of time needed... it helps me to see where I'm at, instead of a whole pile of work.

this

also next time you go to schedule classes, get them in relatively close together instead of all randomly spread out
i live at home so i have all 4 classes on Monday and Wednesday and english again on Friday
if you live on campus or very close you can do 2 classes one immediately after the other m/w and the others tu/th or something like that
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I go to college here August 29th...I'll get back to you then.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Not to be mean or anything but...suck it up.
You're going to have to deal with it and then youll get use to it.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
From my experience.

Make a list of to do...not necessarily an agenda. But day by day make a list and get into the habit. It's liberating to cross of something to have it done with. Also, this may seem odd and out of context, but I've found that keeping your place/room clean/ and organized really takes off the stress. I have no idea how, but I've noticed a huge difference.

Get in to a schedule of waking up at this time and going to bed by this time. Obviously exceptions can be made
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Um yeah not so bad for me here yet. But since I have time between some of my classes I just found a bench and finished my calc. "Don't waste time or time will waste you" - Muse
I'm taking some college courses in HS.
best thing: Lock your internet, actually, have a friend do it and don't unlock it until all your work is done. Do something similar with the TV, phones. Take away all distractions, you'll be surprised how much studying you can get in.
also, Ritalin.
- Block the timewaster internet sites like UG.

- Bet someone 500 bucks you won't break your TV, shake on it with witness there, then do it.

- Invest time to stay in shape; it'll keep you mentally sharper.

- Don't drink until after you graduate (even doing it during summers can take away your edge)

- Get enough sleep or you'll be in a vicious cycle.