I have a B.C. Rich NT Beast and the body is made of Nato (eastern mahogany) wood if that makes a difference. I only ask because I remember reading somewhere that wood and shape makes a great difference in how your pick-ups work or something. Thanks!
Quote by Unispex
I have a B.C. Rich NT Beast and the body is made of Nato (eastern mahogany) wood if that makes a difference. I only ask because I remember reading somewhere that wood and shape makes a great difference in how your pick-ups work or something. Thanks!

Not for EMG's. They make every guitar sound the same as the last EMG guitar.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
well....

hmmmm thats a tought...

well, shape and wood does make a small difference in how the sound is but...
EMG's do go well with B.C. Rich guitars. most of them, enyway.

i would defanetly upgrade to some active emgs, but keep the reciept, just in case
While there isn't any real way to know what your guitar will sound like without actually putting in the pickups, you can look at diagrams to see what your pickups will do for the general sound.

As EMGs are active, expect a high output, which means that in general they will have a fatter and darker tone than a passive humbucker. If this is what you are looking for, then go for it!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
what amp are you playing through?
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Well your probably going to play metal, so yeah they'll work for that.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Unfortunately- EMGs basically sound the same in any guitar- so wood and shape do not really matter. EMGs are definitely an upgrade over the stock BC Rich Pickups, but can your amp take full advantage of the high output active EMG pickup? I would look into some Seymour Duncans too- they have nice passive pickups that will bring out the tone of that Nato you were talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL