Just saw one on my local CL in good shape for $350. Are they any good? Seems to me the combination of a full size humbucker in the bridge and mini-bucker at the neck would give it a nice set of tonal possibilities. Any opinions on these guitars?

A little more info would be good I suppose. I've been looking for something better than my Squier affinity Strat as far as tone goes (feels nice but crappy electronics). I've been wanting something with buckers and love the feel and look of Strats, so I've been trying to find a Highway 1 HSS for a steal anywhere I can (purely because they're MIA and have a nitro finish). This intrigued me though. As for playing styles, I play mostly alternative stuff, with a little bit of blues, classic rock, and country mixed in.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 25, 2009,
i'd say it fits your style pretty well. especially the blues and country. should be decent for the alternative stuff too, but i'm sure you know too much gain = hum on these things.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I rather like them. That's a good price for one too, so definitely check it out. I don't like the fire paint job that a lot of them have, but the actual guitar is rather nice. Epi are great at budget archtops.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay