Im in the market for a quality Loop Station. Here's my situation.

I'm the sole gutarist in a three piece band. I gig regularly, and usually play for 1-3 hours, depending on where we are booked. I need a looper for practice mainly, but would love to incorperate it into my live shows. I have no issues with buying used, and my budget is about 100-200 dollars. I have no experiance with loopers, so I dont know what to look for. I'd need room to run about 12 presets on stage, I could work with less, but flexibility is my game.

If you work with a Looper or have experiance with one, what is it, would you reccomend it?
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
The boss one is pretty good.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
The RC-20 looks solid, but how does the Rc-2 stack up in comparison? It it as easy to use, or does the two step make a huge difference in the long run?
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
the RC20XLs two foot switches makes it much easier to use. if you're going to want to use it in a live scenario, i would strongly recommend springing the extra $70.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
the RC20XLs two foot switches makes it much easier to use. if you're going to want to use it in a live scenario, i would strongly recommend springing the extra $70.

Definitely this. I own the RC-2 and I love it, but I've tried using it with a band, and it is very cumbersome. Basically you will not be able to get through a show without leaning down to hit buttons, turn knobs etc a few time. The RC-20XL allows you to do it all from the footswitches. Though I have seen a very cool mod for the RC-2 that adds a footswitch and tap-tempo internally...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You can add up to 4 external foot switch's (two double FS-6's) to either the RC-2 or the RC-20 to control various functions (dedicated pedal for start/stop, record/dub and preset scroll up and down.

For just practice, the RC-2 is fine. If you need to do verse chorus verse stuff, look at the Digitech Jamman. It's setup like the RC-20, but has more save slots, a longer record time and a display that shows you what loop is playing and what is up next. With the Boss pedals you have to count the flashes (which is annoying.).

You can add Digitech's 3 button foot switch to the Jamman for extra control as well.
I like the RC series, but the Akai E2 Headrush is also worth looking into as well as the Line 6 DL4 if you like delays as well.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by 667
You can add up to 4 external foot switch's (two double FS-6's) to either the RC-2 or the RC-20 to control various functions (dedicated pedal for start/stop, record/dub and preset scroll up and down.

For just practice, the RC-2 is fine. If you need to do verse chorus verse stuff, look at the Digitech Jamman. It's setup like the RC-20, but has more save slots, a longer record time and a display that shows you what loop is playing and what is up next. With the Boss pedals you have to count the flashes (which is annoying.).

You can add Digitech's 3 button foot switch to the Jamman for extra control as well.

+1

The Digitech owns the Boss and they're in the same price range IIRC. My brother owns an RC-20 and I have a Jamman and the Jamman is just way better.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT