Picked this up Today a Very Nice gently used XXX. I have to say i'm impressed I really like it! And the clean channel really suprised me Much better than i thought it would be. I can't wait till tommorow to play around with some different 12ax7's
^

HNAD
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
................. All right ya sick F_cks there's some XXX Action Fo Ya
cool dude! hope you enjoy your amp
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
congrats. Great amps. I picked up a XXX on CL for dirt cheap a few months ago...one of the best purchases I've made

i love those amps haha HNAD
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Thanx guy's..............i'm waiting for all the neighbors to get to work so i can
I've been playin a little this morning..............Damn i like this Amp!!! A EQ in the loop really sets this amp OFF!! 1 more neighbor to leave for work at noon and it's time to crank it up and play with some 12ax7's
Nice!
Welcome to the Peavteam
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Really nice amp dude, be sure to set the damping switch to loose, the amp really opens up in with this setting, it not really much "looser" it just sounds more natural, less compressed, more full and open.... To much for some, but the tight setting=lifeless unresponcive amp.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Johnbryant
Really nice amp dude, be sure to set the damping switch to loose, the amp really opens up in with this setting, it not really much "looser" it just sounds more natural, less compressed, more full and open.... To much for some, but the tight setting=lifeless unresponcive amp.

+1, tight dampening sounds terrible, but loose sounds great. JJ tubes work well with this amp too.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
hi, i'm just looking at buying one of this exact amp, and was wondering if it can get good technical death metal tones - eg necrophagist? i tried it ages ago, but i was into differnet music and was wondering if after a year and a bit it is still the perfect amp for me.

HNAD anyway!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by JoePerry4life
+1, tight dampening sounds terrible, but loose sounds great. JJ tubes work well with this amp too.

I agree mid and loose ONLY..........Getting ready to check out some tung-sol's.
Quote by metallicafan616
hi, i'm just looking at buying one of this exact amp, and was wondering if it can get good technical death metal tones - eg necrophagist? i tried it ages ago, but i was into differnet music and was wondering if after a year and a bit it is still the perfect amp for me.

HNAD anyway!

Jeff Loomis from Nevermore used XXX's for a long time, as far as I know. While Nevermore obviously isn't tech death, they're still technical extreme metal.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Awesome catch dude

Quote by metallicafan616

HNAD anyway!

Me thinks so. I was going to tell you to PM Necrophagist777. I have not seen him post lately but he just moved from a Vavleking to an XXX (combo I believe) so he might have some insight too.

Whenever I get a Triple X it will be head fo sho.
yeh, i thought it would sound right, its just i remmeber it being a bit too loose when i tested it. perhaps the mid setting would fix that. Hope i win the bid for this and can have the same NAD

Quote by metallicafan616

While I don't have a XXX, I do have it's lovely cheap-ass ripoff, the Bugera 333.
I can tell you that it can definitely do death metal. Personally, I'm not into heavily scooped sounds, but if you want scooped, the active EQs will take care of that and then some. And then some more. Just make sure that damping switch on the back is set to loose (maybe mid) or it'll sound weak.
Don't expect 5150 sounds though it has a different character.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Nice, I have an opportunity to get the stack version of this for cheap.

Just have to wait until I get off vacation. HNGD! Does it sound okay at low volumes? Just curious
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
^Its one of the better sounding high gain tube amps, there really is not a point when the amp really changes its character as the volume goes up. The 5150 for example really changes when you hit about 2-4, the Triple X changes but its more subtle and just sounds fuller and thicker as the volume goes up, its does sound the best when set to at least 1/3, even better at 1/2-3/4 volume IMO.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Kanthras
While I don't have a XXX, I do have it's lovely cheap-ass ripoff, the Bugera 333.
I can tell you that it can definitely do death metal. Personally, I'm not into heavily scooped sounds, but if you want scooped, the active EQs will take care of that and then some. And then some more. Just make sure that damping switch on the back is set to loose (maybe mid) or it'll sound weak.
Don't expect 5150 sounds though it has a different character.

i hate the sound of 5150s and scooped mids with a passion

but yeh, if i can't get this amp i'll probably be looking at the 333

Quote by metallicafan616
i hate the sound of 5150s and scooped mids with a passion

but yeh, if i can't get this amp i'll probably be looking at the 333

Then I think you'll like the XXX/333, it has a great agressive midrange bark
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by thrasher.
HNAD! Looks good.

How are the cleans?

The cleans are Pretty damn good. I finally got to play around with some different 12ax7's today. The stock EHX, jj, sovtek, tung-sols..........i prefered the Tung-sols.