Hey
i have been modifying my strat. I have blocked the bridge but its not working for me. Instead of mucking around with the blocking of the trem i want to install a tun-o-matic bridge. I have a spare tuno-o-matic bridge lying around unused that i will use. It is a bit old but I think it will do the job.

What things do I need to consider when installing this bridge?
I will fill the hole and drill the holes required for this bridge.
you need to fill the trem hole, and you're gonna need to recess the bridge because it doesn't have a neck angle. I'd suggest getting a hardtail instead if you don't have access to the propper tools (dont know if you do) and for the convenience of not having to recess it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
It's not really a big deal to recess a TOM. Just search around this forum, there's info to be found about it.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add that, yes, a hardtail would be a little easier but you'd still have to fill the cavity (you wouldn't have to but you'd want to). On the plus side, you may not have to refinish the guitar if the hardtail matches up nicely, and you leave the trem cavity cover on the back.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Aug 25, 2009,
You'd be better off getting a strat style hardtail bridge unless you're any good with a router.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
^discontinued
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Quote by Handgrenade

Heh, Ive never seen that before.
TOM in a strat would look a bit odd IMO.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
If a TOM in a strat (w/ PG) is anything like it looks on Kisekae, then yeah, it looks a bit out of place.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.