Page 1 of 9
Hopefully even those who aren't fans of the genre will have more respect for The Acacia Strain and ZERO for Emmure after this wall of text.

It has recently become incredibly apparent to my friends and I that these two bands have have been at arms (at least) ever since Emmure released Goodbye to The Gallows.

After re-listening to the Continent it became perfectly clear that a LARGE amount of The Acacia Strain lyrics on that album can be applied to their feelings about Emmure in a metaphorical sense.

The Acacia Strain has every right to be pissed. Emmure has said "goodbye to the gallows" by selling out, and ripping off The Acacia Strain. They have been around since 06' and were quickly thrown on Victory Records while the more talented, all around better dudes in The Acacia Strain have been scraping by on small labels such as Prosthetic since at least 02'.

TIMELINE:

2004 - The Acacia Strain releases "3750"
2007 - Emmure releases "Goodbye To The Gallows" on this album is when the alleged "Plagiarism" is most apparent.

Give these songs from these albums a listen and see the alleged plagiarism for yourself:
Smoke Ya Later(TAS) - Rusted Over Wet Dreams(E)
Brown Noise(TAS) - A Ticket For The Paralyzer (E)
Both albums also had similar heavy chum filled introduction tracks.

2008 - The Acacia Strain releases "Continent" with an opening track lyrically attacking Emmure

2009 - Emmure releases "Felony", an obvious reference to The Acacia Strain's accusation of plagiarism.

The vendetta is is most apparent in the band's most recent releases:

"Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery.
Why would you ever want to be like me?"
-Acacia Strain, 2008, Skynet

"So much for plagiarism
So much for you to waste your breath running your mouth
A rat race to the top
Sore losers never satisfied with what they've got"
- Emmure, 2009, R2 Deepthroat

"Look into my eyes and know that I can see right through you.
I'll erase you from the thoughts and tongues of everyone you know."

"'I can see right through you'
Now tell me does that sound familiar?
Now that I got your attention
I just wanted to say
I am so flattered that you mention my name
You've been paying my bills for way too long
And I'm so happy that you just can't stop talking ****"
- Emmure, 2009, R2 Deepthroat

"This is my reclamation.
This is my continent.
I am most hated of the world.
You aren't my brother.
You aren't my family.
I'd rather die alone than live here with you."
-The Acacia Strain, 2008, Balboa Towers

Describes Acacia Strain's return to take back their position as kings of their genre after Emmure releases "Goodbye to the Gallows" in 2007.
"This is my reclamation, This is my continent"- We're back, This is our turf, Back the f*ck off.

"Survival of the fittest was a bull**** lie.
The stench of rot owns the earth."
-The Acacia Strain 2008, The Combine

Reference to sellout, trendy, sh*t bands like Emmure getting famous, and cashing in, while legit bands that revolutionize the genre such as The Acacia Strain are stuck barely scraping by on small labels and very little extra cash.

"720 and face down on the interstate.
I can't see my legs, I can't feel my arms and my vision is blurred.
White lines on a white road under a white sky.
His head was crushed.
What good is this thing if you can't use it to call for help?
No headlights, no sirens, no eulogy.
Four funerals, no ****ing wedding.
And the blood runs down the mountain."
-The Acacia Strain, 2008, Dr.Doom

^^^ Wanting Emmure's van to crash. Four funerals...Four founding band members.

"You're nothing but a ****ing pig.
And you owe me your life.
Vanflip times a thousand.
Don't believe the hype."

"****ing pig" You ripped us off,
You owe me your life" without us there is no "Emmure"
and another van-crash reference.

It's absolutely sickening to think that a revolutionary band like The Acacia Strain could be overshadowed by the obvious bullsh*t of a band like Emmure.
The Acacia Strain is a band that has stayed true to their scene and their music, and clearly show NO intentions of changing for ANY amount of money.

Thoughts?
Anything I Missed?
Last edited by birdman267 at Aug 25, 2009,
so two wanna be metalcore bands bitching and complaining? nothing new. the only plagiarism case that matters is falloutboy vs. wes eisold. (no joe satriani doesnt apply here. hes just a whiny bitch)
this is old news.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I honestly find it pretty pathetic that you went to all that just to prove a small/well known point.
Emmure probably did rip them off, but what is original these days anyway... Emmure changed their sound on the new album anyway (to ****), while TAS are still decent. Emmure has already lost all their respect so give it a rest for now.
Pretty redundant.
Both bands play nothing but breakdowns.
One saying that the other ripped them off is like saying Catholics ripped off Christianity because they both have Jesus.
interesting
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
Breakdowns can hardly fit into any form of plagiarism category. You can only chug so many times, so many ways. Especially with bands who throw four breakdowns into every song.

And holy ****, The Acacia Strain revolutionary? I can't believe people even took this thread seriously.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
Breakdowns can hardly fit into any form of plagiarism category. You can only chug so many times, so many ways. Especially with bands who throw four breakdowns into every song.

And holy ****, The Acacia Strain revolutionary? I can't believe people even took this thread seriously.

I wouldn't quite call The Acacia Strain revolutionary, but they're HUGELY influential. They pretty much created the crap genre that bands like Emmure and Liferuiner now occupy.
Although, The Acacia Strain is one of my favorite bands. Emmure sucks.
actually the acacia strain rules. haha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
we didn't need all this to tell us that emmure is bad, you could just listen to the music and make that opinion
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
Regardless of what you think of those type of bands,
The Acacia Strain is arguably the best at what they do in that genre,

and it's bull**** that a band like Emmure can directly steal parts and get famous,
while TAC is scraping by on nothing, like they have been for years.
I agree with SilentSpectacle on this. Breakdowns don't leave too much room for originality, but what really surprises me is someone is willing to waste this much time trying to bring Emmure down. Kinda pathetic really. If you don't like them don't mention them. As for Acacia I'm actually glad Emmure "Plagurized" them. At least the music's better.
We are NOT meaningless

Sole member of
Diction & Diaries: Folk Indie with passion

Guitarist/lyricist for:

A CITY SKYLINE

"
Emmure are a bunch of ****ty dudes anyway.

The Acacia Strain is pretty sick.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by SilentSpectacle

the acacia strain "revolutionized" deathcore of the 00s. You would be hard pressed to find a band before them that did what they did regardless of whether or not you like them.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by ninjagayden777
I agree with SilentSpectacle on this. Breakdowns don't leave too much room for originality, but what really surprises me is someone is willing to waste this much time trying to bring Emmure down. Kinda pathetic really. If you don't like them don't mention them. As for Acacia I'm actually glad Emmure "Plagurized" them. At least the music's better.

plagiarized*
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Quote by ninjagayden777

Dude.

Listen

Smoke Ya Later(The Acacia Strain) released in 2004
Rusted Over Wet Dreams(Emmure) released in 2007

You can literally play those tracks over each other.

Why would you ever be glad that a poser band ripped off a legit band.
I don't understand why people keep saying the Acacia Strain do nothing but chug. Listen to a song OTHER THAN Whoa! Shut it Down. You might find a breakdown or two, but definitely not the majority of the song.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Emmure are a bunch of ****ty dudes anyway.

The Acacia Strain is pretty sick.

yah, their guitarist has tried to have sex with my friend whos 16 a couple of times
"If the good die young, we'll fucking live forever"

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital Warts > What Separates Me From You

Quote by zezimathehero
Genital warts, what separates me from you
I don't think the acacia strain is terrible. There was a time when I thought they were really cool. They're just playing a style that isn't very big anymore.

Also listen to theyre old Demo, sounds absolutely nothing like the Acacia Strain we know today
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Am I the only one who thinks that Emmure's lyrics pretty much hint that they are well aware they plagarize?
Quote by handbanana
I don't think the acacia strain is terrible. There was a time when I thought they were really cool. They're just playing a style that isn't very big anymore.

Also listen to theyre old Demo, sounds absolutely nothing like the Acacia Strain we know today

whats that one called? like... life is very long or something? that thing sucks
Quote by likeomgtehtuck!
whats that one called? like... life is very long or something? that thing sucks

No it's just called Demo, which is why i said demo
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Plagiarism? Maybe. The similarity is really striking. However, I think there's a decent bit of difference as well (Emmure is a little more..."gangster"...I don't know how to describe it). Who gives a **** anyway? If you like it, sweet. If you don't, sweet. It sucks that Emmure prospers and The Acacia Strain doesn't, but that could very well be a choice on the part of The Acacia Strain. As far as lyrical interpretations go...you can make anything mean anything based solely on the perspective you see it in. You choose to emphasize the animosity between the two bands, so it's real easy to draw that conclusion. You can do the same thing with Brand New and Taking Back Sunday, even though it may not really be the case. Also, isn't it kind of weak on behalf of both of these bands that they can't accept that the other exists and just do what they both apparently love to do, which is make music? And... It's really not like...a problem that affects you very personally though.....so I guess if you don't like Emmure, don't listen to them, basically, and don't take similarities to heart so much that you run to an internet forum to spread the news. Also....they sound quite a bit different NOW from one another....so this whole thing is based on stuff that happened awhile ago, which makes this whole thing even more ridiculous and immature.
Last edited by jimmy388 at Aug 25, 2009,
emmures new cd is the biggest heavy music fail since when eighteen visions tried to become a platinum album selling alt rock band.

also, acacia strain has been one of my fav bands for awhile. emmure is garbage.
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
Last edited by Haymaker17 at Aug 25, 2009,
I was using that word to describe them sonically, actually, not aesthetically, and I know that's not the right word, but they've got a specific urban element, and it's a vocal thing, that makes me think of the word "Gangster" lol.
Quote by jimmy388

1.(Emmure is a little more..."gangster"...I don't know how to describe it).

Who gives a **** anyway? If you like it, sweet. If you don't, sweet. It sucks that Emmure prospers and The Acacia Strain doesn't, but that could very well be a choice on the part of The Acacia Strain.

3.As far as lyrical interpretations go...you can make anything mean anything based solely on the perspective you see it in. You choose to emphasize the animosity between the two bands, so it's real easy to draw that conclusion.

1. Incorrect sir, Acacia Strain did it first

2. This isn't an "I hate Emmure, dont you?" Thread. I'm presenting the facts, pointing out similarities and asking people what they think.

3. It's pretty apparent that they are making references back and forth in Acacia Strains, "Skynet" and Emmure's new single "R2 deepthroat". It's just like 'gangsters' talking trash back and forth in their raps.
Quote by jimmy388
I was using that word to describe them sonically, actually, not aesthetically, and I know that's not the right word, but they've got a specific urban element, and it's a vocal thing, that makes me think of the word "Gangster" lol.

Haha, okay, I understand. Gotcha.
anybody get a pair of emmure boxing gloves yet. they look pretty cool. You can even wear them in the pit.
Quote by andyq777
anybody get a pair of emmure boxing gloves yet. they look pretty cool. You can even wear them in the pit.

Do you think more people would want to hit you in those?

Anyway, I'll say that TAS was a good band. And life is very long is a massive leap away from the stuff they they put out now, compare the two and the early stuff is great while the later stuff is a boring ass chug fest.

Sad **** that people would want to replicate the later stuff rather than the early stuff.
Quote by Bignose
Do you think more people would want to hit you in those?

Anyway, I'll say that TAS was a good band. And life is very long is a massive leap away from the stuff they they put out now, compare the two and the early stuff is great while the later stuff is a boring ass chug fest.

Sad **** that people would want to replicate the later stuff rather than the early stuff.

It's not entirely a chug fest, I suggest you look up their tabs.
Whats wrong with chugging anyway? It's their style of writing, and it's tasteful chugging at least.
dunno why this is still a thread
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx