So i am going to start applying at different places like K-Mart / Big W. I am a shy kid and not that great around people. I put my mind towards things i really want so that might help.

Any tips on how to make a good impression?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
So i am going to start applying at different places like K-Mart / Big W. I am a shy kid and not that great around people. I put my mind towards things i really want so that might help.

Any tips on how to make a good impression?

Fix that. Seriously, it'll help

And if you're packing, whip it out
Portray your determination and dilligence. You could work behind-the-scenes with things like stock, you don't need to be boisterous but rather polite to make an impression. Don't try to act like everyone else because employers can see through it.
Write a cover letter to submit with your applications. It won't be the deal breaker that gets you the job, but it'll be the thing that makes employers take a second look at your application instead of the twenty other applications lying on his desk, and it might be the thing that gets you an interview.
dont turn up in the nude. that wont get you a job.

...unless you're a really hot chick. then you're in.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
i'm not much of a people person either, but i work at a grocery store and they love me there. The key is to do your job to the best of your ability. If they see that they are busting your ass, then that won't have **** to say to you.

it also helps to be extremely broke, so i can't really afford to not be a good employee.

EDIT: my post assumed you had the job. But basically, just show that you are a hard working individual instead of some snobby teenager. Don't show up with your metallica t-shirt and a "**** you" attitude.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Aug 25, 2009,
jesus you get Big Ws in Aus!

anyway dude job agencies will get you better paid and better conditioned jobs. they take a fee but it will be better. i got a lot of jobs from agencies.
youd be surprised what a nice shirt and a tie can do,

even if its an entry level stock boy job, at least business casual can impress,

I applied at K-mart, they scheduled an interview i finished applying, the HR person wasnt there, they really suck, plus most of their employees werren't very bright, and had baggy pants on

reported/deported

(i didnt but im sure others will give you search bar hazing)
I was in the exact same situation you are in now when I got a job at Hungry Jacks, I was so shy as I normally am and didn't talk to anyone much my first couple of shifts, but soon after I started talking to fellow employees, becoming friends with them all, and when I quit a year later (due to an asshole manager) I left with some of the best memories of that place

oh, and another thing, for the love of god, DON'T BE ANNOYING!! Don't constantly ask questions that you know the answer to and don't boss people around, because they will have been working there longer than you and they hate it when some noobie comes in and tells them what to do.
Last edited by Stoney93 at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by Stoney93

-Cut-
DON'T BE ANNOYING!!
-cut-

What the hell did you do in your interview?!
Run up to the interviewer and grind your junk on him whilst singing "What is love?" by haddaway or something?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Lick your bosses shaft during the tea bag
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

I'll hire you. Does cleaning a pool in tight bicycle shorts interest you? My interviews are quick jabbing in the rectal area.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Dude, just be yourself. Try and be confident in the interview. Make your CV stand out but don't come across as cocky. Sell yourself but not so much that you sound completely up your own ass.

Make sure you ask questions if they ask you, they love you to ask questions. But not too many. Keep it to about 2 or 3. Prepare in advance.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Thanks for all the tips
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by osXtiger
Run up to the interviewer and grind your junk on him whilst singing "What is love?" by haddaway or something?

no, but there was this one kid where I worked who was just like that and everybody disliked him
Get drunk beforehand.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by osXtiger

sorry, but may i please sig that?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Quote by Mr.Feather

sorry, but may i please sig that?

your sig makes me lol!
^^ Ty. I like it here on UG, as at least 50% of the users would get it. Other places, you'd be lucky if 20% knew the difference.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
ugh i'm the same way man. i'm just gonna try and get rid of it by applying everywhere and getting a job. i was actually hired for a job as a knife salesman this summer only i didn't accept the offer because it looked like a scam. as for tips just be polite and always willing to keep working.