So i'm planning a new rig for when I move out next year and go to University. Currently my Vox is gonna be far too big and loud, so I'm thinking of a Blackstar HT-5. £299

For the guitar I'm tihnking of a PRS SE Custom 24. I've played it and I like the feel, and the trem also. However will it and the HT-5 be enough to get into metal territory, or should I get active pups like Blackouts or EMG to push it to that higher gain levels?£430

Also I'm looking for a multi-fx. So far I've seen the Boss ME-20 and ME-50, both at £150. Which one be better? Im probably only going to be using some light delay and chorus, perhaps some compression or Overdirve so yeah.

£879 in total, is this a good price for a full new rig? And would it be very versatile?

Suggest alternatives if you want: I play stuff like Fightstar, Avenged Sevenfold, Enter Shikari, Blessthefall, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, old Escape The Fate etc.
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Aug 25, 2009,
Im just takin my line6 toneport, plug into computer dial in wateva tones, headphones and ur sorted less hassle in terms of making too much noise plus costs a fraction of the amount for a amp that may be in danger of getting stolen, damage.

Also you can record ur stuff they have a budget one GX which i have, which is pretty small or you could go up to higher priced models, all come with the same software s our just really paying for number of inputs.

The software that comes free is gearbox but u can also download the line6 software podfarm for free after u purchase the toneport. Its hard to get metal tones from gearbox bt the podfarm allows dual rigs which can be tuned to get sum pretty sik metal sounds.

Check it out
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Quote by dingo356
Im just takin my line6 toneport, plug into computer dial in wateva tones, headphones and ur sorted less hassle in terms of making too much noise plus costs a fraction of the amount for a amp that may be in danger of getting stolen, damage.

Also you can record ur stuff they have a budget one GX which i have, which is pretty small or you could go up to higher priced models, all come with the same software s our just really paying for number of inputs.

The software that comes free is gearbox but u can also download the line6 software podfarm for free after u purchase the toneport. Its hard to get metal tones from gearbox bt the podfarm allows dual rigs which can be tuned to get sum pretty sik metal sounds.

Check it out

What if I want to gig though :/
Quote by EndTheRapture51
What if I want to gig though :/

How far are you goin for uni, if the opportunity of gigging comes im sure you can take ur current amp, also the HT-5 is not gonna be loud enough for you to gig with, its a practice home/recording amp.

If you are defiantly gonna gig then i would suggest buy higher budget amp used if possible and then the GX to practise
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
Not going to Uni this year.

Hopefully going next year, looking at Sussex (GAKs nearby) and UEA (they have awesome bands playing).
I'd fork out more money for a better amp.. ( vetta )
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
If I was moving out to uni then I would get me a HT-5, I do like that little amp. I've heard with an OD it can do metal. If you're not going this year then save up and try stuff. Why don't you just take you're current guitar in a case? Seems like a better idea really and you'd save money.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

If I was moving to uni, I would save money for food and not buy a tube amp. Have fun eating KD.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
If I was moving to uni, I would save money for food and not buy a tube amp. Have fun eating KD.

Ima get a job cleaning at my school, pays £50 a week
Your gear at the moment looks good for practicing with, if you're worried about gigging, I'd just get a bigger amp/extension cab.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

if u wanna sound like fightstar sell ur house/organs and u can get their rig :P
charlie uses Mesa triple rec and Diezel VH4
PRS McCartys and custom 24s all with EMGS (Y)
facebook.com/crazymentalchris
youtube.com/chrisprsguitars

come say Hi!