The title says it all. I checked to make sure it was grounded. What would be causing this, what can I personally do to fix it, and how much would the fix cost(estimation) at a music store?

Thanks alot guys
By static, do you mean that it buzzes when you have it up, or it makes a scratchy sound when you move it?

My guess is that it buzzes when you've got it up...that's a common problem, and is caused by radio interference...your bass needs shielding.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
By static, do you mean that it buzzes when you have it up, or it makes a scratchy sound when you move it?

My guess is that it buzzes when you've got it up...that's a common problem, and is caused by radio interference...your bass needs shielding.

I think he means this one.

At least...mine does that on my Squier...and I just lost my reasoning for why...god damn this work schedule...
That is due to several things : bad/too hot pick ups, bad cord, high frequencies on the EQ, interference, a tweeter

the term that would have clued people more in is "hum"

not much you can do about it, perhaps a noise gate?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Sly Taco
Try spraying a bit of contact cleaner on that beotch.

keepin' it real, that's what i'm talkin' bout. Sly knows his stuff. if the spray doesn't fix it, replace that tone pot. maybe $60 to $ 80 to get it done, or do it yourself, for half that.
By any chance are you facing your amp or a computer at the time? Or live in a house with older wiring. It sounds more like interference to me.
Well I took it to a local music store today and had them check it out and it reacted the same way.
sounds like your pups then. Perhaps an grounding issue?

sounds like cheap pups to me.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by jbridge90
Well I took it to a local music store today and had them check it out and it reacted the same way.

And their verdict was?

If its not interference it is a pup or grounding issue. I'd check the grounding wire first, because its the easier to fix.