Poll: Do he deserve a new liver?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do he deserve a new liver?
Yes, give him a new liver
114 51%
No, he brought it upon himself
80 36%
Undecided
31 14%
Voters: 225.
Page 1 of 5
Just one session? What a lightweight.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
People make mistakes, so yes, he should be given a transplant, if someone offers. You don't need a dead guy to have a live transplant- a partial liver transplant can and does work. However, if an alcohol related problem arises again... I don't know my stance on that yet.
hes a kid you wanted to get drunk.
what teenager doesnt at one point or another?

give him the transplant
He used to go to my church. It sucks, but if he was given a liver because his story was picked up by the media, it would cause outrage, and to be fair, it would be outrageous...

He brought it upon himself...maybe by his death others will learn a valuable lesson.

There are many many other teen's who need livers and won't get them.
I've almost had liver/kidney/heart failure before. Yes, he Goddamned should.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
If I was this ***, I wouldn't take the liver. Take responsibility for your actions and whatnot. Would rather it go to someone who had a genetic problem, rather than someone who was showing off with their mates.
You plays the game, you takes your chances.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Kyle.E
If I was this ***, I wouldn't take the liver. Take responsibility for your actions and whatnot. Would rather it go to someone who had a genetic problem, rather than someone who was showing off with their mates.

I doubt that this guy's going to do it again. I know I'm never going to.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by iwontwait
He used to go to my church. It sucks, but if he was given a liver because his story was picked up by the media, it would cause outrage, and to be fair, it would be outrageous...

He brought it upon himself...maybe by his death others will learn a valuable lesson.

There are many many other teen's who need livers and won't get them.

Or maybe the media attention will help reform laws to improve liver transplant availability to youths.

Quote by Kyle.E

Bollocks wouldn't you. It's easy to act all tough and have the "accept the consequences" attitude when you're not the one with a few weeks to live.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Or maybe the media attention will help reform laws to improve liver transplant availability to youths.

Bollocks wouldn't you. It's easy to act all tough and have the "accept the consequences" attitude when you're not the one with a few weeks to live.

Well tbh dude, you have no idea who I am, so don't be so quick to judge. I wouldn't.
Quote by Kyle.E
Well tbh dude, you have no idea who I am, so don't be so quick to judge. I wouldn't.

Well, tbh "dude", I may not know who you are, but one thing I do know, is that people are also quick to judge someone else in such a situation as this poor lad, and give their stance on what they'd do and what he should do. All he needs is 20% of a liver. That's all he needs.
Quote by Kyle.E

In a life or death situation, you would take it.

I'm not flaming, just being honest.

I believe he should have a transplant. Most teens go and get smashed.
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Aug 25, 2009,
For Gods sakes, his a kid. Everybody makes mistakes and he doesnt deserve to die for it. Anyway, dont judge, cos you dont know the kids circumstances.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
I say, give the kid his fucking liver, but also make it so he can't reproduce, ever. The perfect compromise between compassion and natural selection.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
At nineteen he's got his whole life to live for. You can guarantee he'll never do this again if you give him a liver as well, as opposed to some alcoholics who manage to get one.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
All he needs is 20% of a liver. That's all he needs.

Now, where are my scissors?
He should get it.

There was no mention on whether or not an underlying medical condition could have contributed towards this?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Kyle.E

He's a kid still, kids make stupid mistakes and show off, every kid does. You think he deserves to die for that? What a terrible attitude to have, I certainly hope that you never have children.
I know very few people who didnt drink as teenagers, being a teenager is about learning your limits, pushing your boundaries. Most kids have no idea about what their limit is regarding alcohol because they have no experience of it, if teenagers were openly encouraged to drink alcohol in a sensible, supervised manner, if the thrill of the feeling of independence wasnt there to begin with, perhaps alcohol abuse in young adults wouldnt be such a problem.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
No one deserves that. Sometimes you don't realise how drunk you are until you stand up

His life is on the line and people have the opportunity to do something about it yet don't, I find that appalling.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
If he's 19 and experiencing liver failure, it seems like there are probably other underlying problems unless he's been heavily drinking everyday for the past 5 years.
Quote by damn-right!
He's a kid still, kids make stupid mistakes and show off, every kid does. You think he deserves to die for that? What a terrible attitude to have, I certainly hope that you never have children.
I know very few people who didnt drink as teenagers, being a teenager is about learning your limits, pushing your boundaries. Most kids have no idea about what their limit is regarding alcohol because they have no experience of it, if teenagers were openly encouraged to drink alcohol in a sensible, supervised manner, if the thrill of the feeling of independence wasnt there to begin with, perhaps alcohol abuse in young adults wouldnt be such a problem.

:'( :'( :'(

Go spout out your moral bullshit somewhere else. This isn't a PETA meeting.

I didn't say he deserved to die, I couldn't care less if he dies or not, it's when he takes the liver which could be going to a young girl who's had liver problems due to birth complications, or a father who needs a transplant because of shrapnel, whilst serving in the army.

Not because some pisshead looking to compensate for his small dick by drinking himself, literally to death. His fault. His consequences. His responsibilities. Why should other people suffer from his mistakes? Why should other people, by no folly of their own, die because of this idiot?
Last edited by Kyle.E at Aug 25, 2009,
Unless he plans on doing a George Best then yes, give him another chance
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Why should he be the one to get a new liver?
There are a lot of kids (his age or younger) who need a new liver, due to other causes, which are beyond their control...

IMO: If you're old enough to do the crime, you're old enough to do the time...
I apply this for anything, that includes teenage parents, but that also includes binge drinking.

And if you need a new liver after one session of binge drinking, then you seriously f*cked up...
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Give him a nwe liver,then tell the little **** never to touch alcohol ever again.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Plenty have people have made the same mistake, and far worse, with no consequence. And binge drinking is hardly morally wrong. So yeah, he deserves a liver.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Kyle.E

I didn't say he deserved to die, I couldn't care less if he dies or not, it's when he takes the liver which could be going to a young girl who's had liver problems due to birth complications, or a father who needs a transplant because of shrapnel, whilst serving in the army.

Not because some pisshead looking to compensate for his small dick by drinking himself, literally to death. His fault. His consequences. His responsibilities. Why should other people suffer from his mistakes? Why should other people, by no folly of their own, die because of this idiot?

Why can't the mods make stupidity against the rules?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Just one session?

People lie. Especially teenagers who are more likely to die if they don't.

I say he doesn't deserve it. Those rules are there for a reason.

Quote by Kyle.E

You know how to say it. Hats off to you, good sir.
Last edited by wesselbindt at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by Kyle.E

Poor naive child. If you ever get a terminal illness, make sure you post in here so I can tell you the exact same things. Then we'll see how long your principles last.

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Poor naive child. If you ever get a terminal illness, make sure you post in here so I can tell you the exact same things. Then we'll see how long your principles last.

But what if he didn't get the terminal disease because of his own stupidity? Then it wouldn't make any sense to tell him the exact same things, it would just be a bit weird.
edit:
Quote by Ian hawkins
Give him a nwe liver,then tell the little **** never to touch alcohol ever again.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll listen.
Last edited by wesselbindt at Aug 25, 2009,
I'm undecided. There's a part of me which says he brought it upon himself. And then there's the part of me which is scared of dying, and hates the idea of another human being left to his grave. I dunno...if one of his family members personally offers a bit of their liver, thats okay.
Quote by wesselbindt
But what if he didn't get the terminal disease because of his own stupidity?

Unlikely.

Quote by Mad Marius

Mate, if you're going to quote me and address my points, at least read my post. You'll see I was making a case for people with terminal illnesses that is caused by no fault of their own, whereas this kid dug his own grave. Though I suppose you're too ignorant to fully read anything more than a paragraph long. Have fun on the band-waggon, prick.

EDIT: ^ So you're saying most people get terminal illlnesses because it's their fault? Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, who's the naive one, boy.
Last edited by Kyle.E at Aug 25, 2009,
I bet everyone who says he shouldn't get the liver and deserves to die has drunk alcohol before, so stfu.

the kid made a mistake, as many kids do. if 60 year old alcoholics who ****ed up their entire lives get new livers, why shouldn't this poor kid who messed up once be able to?
If he drinks again. Even a glass. Then he does not deserve the new liver.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Kyle.E
Mate, if you're going to quote me and address my points, at least read my post. You'll see I was making a case for people with terminal illnesses that is caused by no fault of their own, whereas this kid dug his own grave. Though I suppose you're too ignorant to fully read anything more than a paragraph long. Have fun on the band-waggon, prick.

I know what you wrote. And like I said, like other people said, it's easy to be moral and full of principles when you yourself aren't in that situation. If you had a terminal illness, you wouldn't sacrifice yourself so that others could live, even if it was your own fault.

Quote by Kyle.E

EDIT: ^ So you're saying most people get terminal illlnesses because it's their fault? Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, who's the naive one, boy.

I was referring to you, not to most people.

And, ... "boy"?

How old are you, exactly?

Last edited by Mad Marius at Aug 25, 2009,
Page 1 of 5