it only took 2 months for the gold to start coming off the gold hardware on my Jem....

a normal guitar polish(formula 65 or equivalent) will eat away at plated hardware..or just use your own sweaty hands
Quote by ibanezgod1973
it only took 2 months for the gold to start coming off the gold hardware on my Jem....

a normal guitar polish(formula 65 or equivalent) will eat away at plated hardware..or just use your own sweaty hands

will that take off the gold plate or give it that distrssed cos tbh i hate bright gold pickups i just like hte distressed ones
it will probably take it off eventually although if your clever and artistic you could achieve the desired look by not going overboard in its application
Quote by ibanezgod1973
it will probably take it off eventually although if your clever and artistic you could achieve the desired look by not going overboard in its application

im neither im afraid
the thing is i love hte distressed look but gold pickups.......i hate them
just get the distressed covers then....or take the covers off completely and rub them down with emery cloth...
Quote by ibanezgod1973
just get the distressed covers then....or take the covers off completely and rub them down with emery cloth...

my question is where do u get the destressed covers