Page 1 of 2
It's only a proposal, and they said exactly the same a few months ago and it went nowhere.
This will nevaarrrr happen.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Happy I'm Irish
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by WaitWhat?

icwhatudidthar

They'll only get the people who download huge amounts. Relax. The odd download's not going to incarcerate you.
Quote by Don_Humpador
icwhatudidthar

They'll only get the people who download huge amounts. Relax. The odd download's not going to incarcerate you.

about 1 terabyte
yeah right ...THEY STILL DONT GET IT DO THEY ...illegal file sharing will NEVER STOP until sites like rapidshare are shut down .....and that is not gonna happen anytime soon....
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Phew, good thing i don't download films or music.

+1
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Apparently my uni monitors traffic, so I'll have to stop downloading in October anyway. Though it'll suck if I can't make up for lost time during the holidays
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
This is good. I hope it comes to Australia.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Oh please. Relax. Filesharing will never stop.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by metalmouth22
This is good. I hope it comes to Australia.

Wut. You enjoy... b..b.. buying stuff?

I mean i do occasionally but..
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
Last edited by SnowTau at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by Dudeman5000
Happy I'm Irish

That's a good thing anyway!

Well actually they're trying to do something similar in Ireland :<
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by SnowTau
Wut. You enjoy... b..b.. buying stuff?

I mean i do occasionally but..

Yes, have you got a problem that I like to buy albums instead of stealing them?
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by WaitWhat?

Totally off topic, but your avatar and signature combo now means you are my new favourite UG member.
Quote by metalmouth22
Yes, have you got a problem that I like to buy albums instead of stealing them?

It was more the fact you were hoping for it to come to Australia so you can ruin everyone elses downloading habits.

Actually i've downloaded like 5 albums or something.. bought the rest... still.
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.
They tried to that here, we managed to stop 'em!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by SnowTau
It was more the fact you were hoping for it to come to Australia so you can ruin everyone elses downloading habits.

Actually i've downloaded like 5 albums or something.. bought the rest... still.

I think that if filesharing stops it will help bands trying to get some money together for their work. I don't tell people not to download I just don't agree with it.

ಠ_ಠ
i only download cause i cant afford any music
im using a 7 year old computer with a broken screen, the slowest internet connection available and i live off smartprice food
also im supporting the first type of ipod brought from a friend fr 5 pounds

Just get a usenet account and download through them, SSL 3.0 hell yeah mother****er.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by metalmouth22
I think that if filesharing stops it will help bands trying to get some money together for their work. I don't tell people not to download I just don't agree with it.

Sorry, but if filesharing stops, the music industry won't be much better off.

How do you think half of todays bands are discovered?

Filesharing is mainly detrimental to acts on the major labels who already have all the promotion they need.

I'm sorry, it's just ignorant to believe that if file sharing ends, millions of people will flock out to start buying CDs.
Last edited by Regression at Aug 25, 2009,
filesharing is not ukay.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
By the time filesharing is properly policed there will be a whole new way of stealing media. The media industries need to stop trying to hold on to the past and whining about downloaders and start fully embracing the future which at the moment looks to be in the download market.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I wouldn't have discovered all these bands if I wasn't able to download. I just can't afford to buy every CD. If the band tours here, I'll go to their gig, which will give them more profit than a damn CD will.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
It won't happen.

If it does, just download in small amounts.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Great. This, and the new law coming out next month about removing special offers on booze and removing the RIGHT to buy doubles at bars (Scotland).

Thanks Britain, you're trying to gradually deny me of everything I love about life - music and intoxication. I can't afford CD's, let alone booze these days. I scrimp up money and starve myself for tickets to gigs, and that's about as good as I can do for my favourite bands other than band teeshirts. I work hard, do charity work, have never wronged society, put up with your terrible police force, paid for bull**** parking tickets that are illegal, and then you tax me extortionately to pay for slime who avoid working like the plague.

But at least I still have my guitar =)
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Main reason this wont work is right there in the article

"It proposes that internet service providers (ISPs) are obliged to take action against repeat infringers and suggests that the cost of tracking down persistent pirates be shared 50:50 between ISPs and rights holders."

Isp's will tell them where to stick it

The music industry isn't a charity ... their fond of bringing that up ... why would an ISP treat it like one by giving them money for essentially losing them paying customers.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Regression
Sorry, but if filesharing stops, the music industry won't be much better off.

How do you think half of todays bands are discovered?

Filesharing is mainly detrimental to acts on the major labels who already have all the promotion they need.

I'm sorry, it's just ignorant to believe that if file sharing ends, millions of people will flock out to start buying CDs.

Before filesharing, people just burnt CD's or lent their CD to their friends. So the music industry fails again!

I was agreeing with you by the way.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by skater dan0
By the time filesharing is properly policed there will be a whole new way of stealing media. The media industries need to stop trying to hold on to the past and whining about downloaders and start fully embracing the future which at the moment looks to be in the download market.

There already is. It's called usenet.
Quote by Talonwolf
Great. This, and the new law coming out next month about removing special offers on booze and removing the RIGHT to buy doubles at bars (Scotland).

Thanks Britain, you're trying to gradually deny me of everything I love about life - music and intoxication. I can't afford CD's, let alone booze these days. I scrimp up money and starve myself for tickets to gigs, and that's about as good as I can do for my favourite bands other than band teeshirts. I work hard, do charity work, have never wronged society, put up with your terrible police force, paid for bull**** parking tickets that are illegal, and then you tax me extortionately to pay for slime who avoid working like the plague.

But at least I still have my guitar =)

WUT

that is dumb as ****

' give me 2 vodkas and stick them in one glass eh mate?'

Its like increasing prices on alcopops...just by a bottle of vodka and a bottle of fanta and people will be EVEN MORE hammered.
Last edited by Metallicker. at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by Dudeman5000
Happy I'm Irish

I might have to come down south with you guys!
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
If i hear a song by a band ill download some of their songs, and if i like them ill save up and buy an album. I like buying CD's. Dont know why.
But i usually download a few songs first cos i dont wanna spend my money on ****e.
Current favourite bands:
METALLICA
MASTODON
NILE
Quote by Dudeman5000
Happy I'm Irish

Eircom are considering a similar scheme in cooperation with the labels and such. We Irish users won't be safe for much longer.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
Eircom are considering a similar scheme in cooperation with the labels and such. We Irish users won't be safe for much longer.

Feck 'em, I'm with another ISP.
Or will they be doing something to our lines (which they own)?
In that case they can give us some good lines first; I have 24mb broadband and have NEVER got above 5mbs (and that was a good day). All our lines are around a million years old and made of pig gut or something because they're rubbish.
Quote by Cyberbob
Feck 'em, I'm with another ISP.
Or will they be doing something to our lines (which they own)?
In that case they can give us some good lines first; I have 24mb broadband and have NEVER got above 5mbs (and that was a good day). All our lines are around a million years old and made of pig gut or something because they're rubbish.

That's one of my main grievances with Eircom. All these years, when the country had a bit of money, and they spent it upgrading our broadband modems. The lines needed a look at first obviously, they can't handle the kind of speed we can get today. Sure feck it, they can barely handle a call to a mobile phone.

It's possible the could disconnect us. I've no idea as of yet. And if you mean you're with BT, think again. You're definitely not safe. Haven't heard anything about Perlico yet though.

Point is, if we all keep downloading, and downloading in large amounts, no matter who we download with, we will probably wind up getting screwed.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
That's one of my main grievances with Eircom. All these years, when the country had a bit of money, and they spent it upgrading our broadband modems. The lines needed a look at first obviously, they can't handle the kind of speed we can get today. Sure feck it, they can barely handle a call to a mobile phone.

It's possible the could disconnect us. I've no idea as of yet. And if you mean you're with BT, think again. You're definitely not safe. Haven't heard anything about Perlico yet though.

Point is, if we all keep downloading, and downloading in large amounts, no matter who we download with, we will probably wind up getting screwed.

Hmm, damn their bones, plus I mainly just download TV shows we can't even get here.

That's it, I refuse to tolerate these arseholes any longer - dirty protest anyone?
Good. Illegally downloading/sharing files is just like walking into a pick and mix shop, taking a handful of sweets, putting them on your pocket and then walking out.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

Page 1 of 2