so i have decided that because my music tastes vary so much, i will buy two amps later this year. i play in a metal band (deathcore/death metal/experimental kinda thing) so im getting a 5150/6505 for my band. i just dig the tone, im not into the loose rectifier sound.
now here is my dilemma:
i play all sorts of other music (funk, jazz, rock, prog etc) and the 5150/6505 is a one trick pony, which is fine with me but i need another amp to cover my other interests and clean sounds.
ive played a laney gh50l and that did all the tones i wanted, and even some metal, so does anyone have any other suggestions for a versatile amp with good cleans, and tight gain. it doesn't have to be able to do metal except dream theater kind of tones.
cheers
sorry for the wall of text
Quote by britishsligean
peavey classic 30

oh yeah i had completely forgotten about those
how to they go on the mid to high gain stuff. not brootal gain but iron maiden type gain?
Quote by samlocke14
ahh yes, you have owned one of these correct?
what are they like?

That I have.

Its great for what you are looking for.. They can pretty much do any genre quite well with the ability to do it anywhere (be it quiet at home practice or giggin). And best off it can go from Jazz to br00talz with the push of a button.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
That I have.

Its great for what you are looking for.. They can pretty much do any genre quite well with the ability to do it anywhere (be it quiet at home practice or giggin). And best off it can go from Jazz to br00talz with the push of a button.

do they have that solid state edge?
they are solid state arent they? :P
Quote by samlocke14
do they have that solid state edge?
they are solid state arent they? :P

Its got both honestly.. You can eq up a nice SS tone or you can get a good bit of warmth out of it. Whichever you chose..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its got both honestly.. You can eq up a nice SS tone or you can get a good bit of warmth out of it. Whichever you chose..

sorry i dont think i understand. it has tubes as well as solid state circuitry?
Quote by samlocke14
sorry i dont think i understand. it has tubes as well as solid state circuitry?

Its all SS but its quite warm for a SS amp. Basically its and SS amp done right. So you can coach SS tones out of it if you need them or get quite a bit of warmth out of her once you start getting familiar with the controls.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Its all SS but its quite warm for a SS amp. Basically its and SS amp done right. So you can coach SS tones out of it if you need them or get quite a bit of warmth out of her once you start getting familiar with the controls.

oh ok i get it, cheers
How far does your budget extend? Check out the following:

Budda Superdrive series
Mesa DC series
Mesa F series
Peavey XXX
Peavey VTM
Peavey Ultra
Mesa Mark III

There are more amps I could recommend, but this is about the crux of it. I highly recommend the Budda Superdrive series...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
How far does your budget extend? Check out the following:

Budda Superdrive series
Mesa DC series
Mesa F series
Peavey XXX
Peavey VTM
Peavey Ultra
Mesa Mark III

There are more amps I could recommend, but this is about the crux of it. I highly recommend the Budda Superdrive series...

no more than $1000 aus. im going used obviously. so fairly cheap but good would be nice.
I just picked up a XXX and I'm sold the ultra channel is killer and the cleans are pretty damn good........A MXR 10 band eq in the loop sound Wakes it UP!!