Ever find that the presence of certain people in class helps you to perform better?

Because in a general sense I am most in a languid sense of stupor, resigned to wishing away in a corner, but the right mix of eyes and ears and face sends me to a freny working to impress (is it impress?) or maintain my sleeping ego that I euthanized because it was too small a long time ago anyway.

Or maybe this is just another play on the do-as-if-you-are-being-watched adage.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
You want to impress people, yes. Why? Do you perceive them to be of a higher social status and you want their approval? Why?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It is to impress. But I don't really get that, I mean, I'll work better if I can chat a little bit, but other than that, no.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Kensai
You want to impress people, yes. Why? Do you perceive them to be of a higher social status and you want their approval?

maybe it's because I value intelligence as a positive trait and want to give off the impression that I too possess it?

/insecurity, huh?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny
maybe it's because I value intelligence as a positive trait and want to give off the impression that I too possess it?

/insecurity, huh?

That means high intelligence = high social status in your eyes. You wish to validate yourself by climbing the social ranks.

Everyone does it, don't worry.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm insecure, but don't tell anyone.

Oh sh*t.

Never mind.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Kensai
That means high intelligence = high social status in your eyes. You wish to validate yourself by climbing the social ranks.

Everyone does it, don't worry.

I don't think it has to do with 'social status' per se, it's more of a personal thing, a feeling within, but I see where you're getting at.

Quote by Dawginator
I'm insecure, but don't tell anyone.

Oh sh*t.

Never mind.

it'll stay in the Pit, don't worry /
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by yeoman125
When a teacher is amicable and tries hard to teach you well, you try harder.

or hot.

>__>
Quote by icaneatcatfood
im the same.

however i never work to impress, i work to prove certain people wrong.

i always kept my head down at school, usually cos i was stoned, certain people stereotyped me as being a stoner-moron, so in the presence of said people i would work hard to prove that i wasnt retarded.

everone hates getting outsmarted by a stoner, and i like pissing people off!!
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.