I want to upgrade to a halfstack. I listed my 6505 combo on craigslist and about the only inquiry I got was to trade for a JCM900 head and $150. That's not a bad deal but im not sure I can get the sound I want out of it. How would this amp do for nasty metal tones such as Lamb of God, KSE, and Parkway Drive? Im going to go try and find some clips.
From what I researched the only decent metal JCM900 is the SLX model. And it will not get a good Lamb of god or KSE tone for the obvious reason that Marshalls tone is far from what they use.
Well, I'm confused because the amp you have should do those tones just fine, and I'm not sure why you must have a half stack. JCM 900 is a good amp but it isnt going to compare to a 6505 for the Bro0talZ
what jcm900?

you would be better of with 6505 for parkway drive (they use Rectifiers tho)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Yeah that's what i figured. Im just gunna sell it and get a Dual Rec. like I planned. I didn't figure I could get a badass tone out of it without $500 in pedals.

Im not a big fan of the 6505 for my recording. I prefer the Rectifier sound. I might try to mic it up instead of doing the external out deal though.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Yeah that's what i figured. Im just gunna sell it and get a Dual Rec. like I planned. I didn't figure I could get a badass tone out of it without $500 in pedals.

Im not a big fan of the 6505 for my recording. I prefer the Rectifier sound. I might try to mic it up instead of doing the external out deal though.

Trade it for a Peavey Triple... You can get right in the middle of all three worlds.. There wasnt much I couldnt coach out of my Ultra (same amp as the triple).
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
what jcm900?

you would be better of with 6505 for parkway drive (they use Rectifiers tho)

parkway drive used 5150's when i saw them live.
Quote by samlocke14
parkway drive used 5150's when i saw them live.

i saw them use Dual Recs
feel free to add me
Quote by SloppyJoseph
I want to upgrade to a halfstack. I listed my 6505 combo on craigslist and about the only inquiry I got was to trade for a JCM900 head and $150. That's not a bad deal but im not sure I can get the sound I want out of it. How would this amp do for nasty metal tones such as Lamb of God, KSE, and Parkway Drive? Im going to go try and find some clips.

lamb of god use mesa mark IV's
KSE use so many amps its impossible to keep track, they have used cobras, recs, splawn and many more.
parkway used 5150's when i saw them live

you have many different tones there, tough choice
i agree with ibanezpsyco tho, peavey triple would do you nicely
Quote by samlocke14
what year did you see them?
i saw them in early 2008

i saw them in 07 and again in 09 but i didint see what amps they used in the or Bamboozle festival
feel free to add me
if u want a halfstack why not just buy a 2x12 speaker cab to put on (under rly) yur combo?
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by a7xsteve
if u want a halfstack why not just buy a 2x12 speaker cab to put on (under rly) yur combo?

Cause im not a fan of the combo's tone.
a JCM800 could get you KSE dub tones, but you're so much closer now with your combo than you would be with a 900. why the need for a 1/2 stack again?

EDIT: nevermind, just saw your last post.