I've got a 5150 combo with the original Sheffield speakers in there and I'm wanting to swap them out. I'm in a Melodic Death Metal band and I keep my mids at 7-8 with my bass at 5.5 and highs at 6.5, my pre-gain is set at 6.5 as well. I'm looking for a speaker combo to give me a mid-based punch.

I'm buying from WGS because they've got nothing but great reviews from people on here, HC, etc. and they're a lot cheaper :P.

From what I've gathered so far, a WGS v30 x WGS Reaper 50 in an "X" pattern is what I'm looking for, opinions?

If I can swap out and rewire the speakers myself I'd love to be able to do that, what in all is involved with rewiring/replacing speakers? (keep in mind its a 2x12 combo)

Also, I've heard the term "X" pattern thrown around a lot but I really havent seen any clarification as to what that actually is, can someone elaborate that for me?

Thanks for any help
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Remove back panel, unplug speaker wire connectors from the tabs on the speakers, unscrew speaker mounting screws, remove speaker, replace speaker, replace mounting screws, plug wires back onto the speaker tabs, replace back.

The X pattern describes 4x12 cabs with matched speakers diagonal from each other.
Last edited by 667 at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by 667
Remove back panel, unplug speaker wire connectors from the tabs on the speakers, unscrew speaker mounting screws, remove speaker, replace speaker, replace mounting screws, plug wires back onto the tab, replace back.

The X pattern describes 4x12 cabs with matched speakers diagonal from each other.

Ok great.

Now as far as the Reaper 50/v30 combonation, do you know anything about that?

I'm not familiar with the Reaper.
I have a Veteran 30 and an Eminence Man O War in my 5150.
The Veteran 30 is a great speaker.
Quote by 667
I'm not familiar with the Reaper.
I have a Veteran 30 and an Eminence Man O War in my 5150.
The Veteran 30 is a great speaker.

Oh ok, what do you think of that combonation?

I like it. The Man o War is a G12t75 clone. It's mid scooped, it compliments the middy v30.