Hey Guys!

Since a thread was already started about a pinky problem I have one too! My left pinky was injured years ago and since then I have a slight problem with a nodule on my middle knuckle. It isn't arthritic but causes my pinky to bend at strange angles. I can hit strings with it but the flexibility I need it to have just isn't there. Any suggestions? I guess exercising it a lot might help but was also wondering if anyone else had this problem. I know of some great guitarists who never even used their pinky and a couple of which didn't even have a pinky at all I believe. With all that said though I'd like to use my pinky for ease of playing.
You pretty much answered your own question, exercise it, work it, but dont force anything.

I dislocated the tip of my thumb right backwards and I still cant bend it more than half way, its kind of annoying and hurts sometimes but im working through it. I try to bend it as much as I can without it hurting (a lot that is - no pain no gain - but intense pain is bad) a buncha times each day, im hoping that eventually whatever scar tissue there is in there will work itself away and Ill be able to fully bend it one day.

Just keep on playing, that alone answers 90% of the questions I see on this forum. There are no shortcuts, you just have to keep playing and chuggin along and itll come in time.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
You pretty much answered your own question, exercise it, work it, but dont force anything.

I dislocated the tip of my thumb right backwards and I still cant bend it more than half way, its kind of annoying and hurts sometimes but im working through it. I try to bend it as much as I can without it hurting (a lot that is - no pain no gain - but intense pain is bad) a buncha times each day, im hoping that eventually whatever scar tissue there is in there will work itself away and Ill be able to fully bend it one day.

Just keep on playing, that alone answers 90% of the questions I see on this forum. There are no shortcuts, you just have to keep playing and chuggin along and itll come in time.

+1

If you stop using it you'll likely lose what movement you have in it for guitar, so keep working at it!