Hey everyone, I need some opinions!

I'm not sure where to put my money because I want a new amp, because the Cube I use now isn't mine. But on the other hand I would like to buy a nice acoustic, because sometimes I just love to play some nice and "thinking" songs.

I got maybe about 400-500€

Thanks.

Oh and I play metal mostly, but I still want to have that "classic" rock sound avaible!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
If you like the Cube, why not get your own? Then you'd have enough for something like a Cort Earth 70 which is a nice acoustic.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'm not too keen on the Cube, I've been using it because it's the only one I got to play on!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Anyone?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
get a amp and a acoustic simulator pedal, boss used to do a decent acoustic sim

as for the amp if you go for a solid state stay away from built in effects (`cos the quality of the fx is imo are crap and pedals or racks systems are alot better )

your budget allows for some nice tube combos valveking,bugera 3332, hughs and ketner 25th.

head over to www.thoman.de find a few amps check the manufactures website and narrow the selection down the you will get less random advice
Yeah, I'm gonna look around for a Peavey Valveking 212. But can it deliver a really thick and bassy sound? 'cause I like that kinda stuff.

Couldn't find anything on youtube about Hugh and ketner 25th.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
it`s everything but a metal amp, although i occasionally use mine for metal, however if you do the mods then it can easily become a metal amp, check the valveking thread in GG&A

sound files of the hughes and kettner http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=prod&id=129 actual listening to this it`s very similar to a vk

bear in mind that on the 2nd hand tube amp market then you could be looking at a 5150 or a 6505, ora jcm800 with your budget
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 25, 2009,
I'm starting to lean to the Valveking, but I want some more opinions!
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by Axeaman
I'm starting to lean to the Valveking, but I want some more opinions!

Valveking can do metal.

It's not the most ideal for it, but it can be done. You absolutely need a boost pedal though to drive the OD channel (DURR TOOB AMPS), I say just go with the MXR boost, unless you're feeling awfully chappy and want a Keeley modded DS-1, which is an orgasm in pedal form.

If you want to improve your metal tone more, an EQ pedal and speaker change would definitley do the trick. If you're dead set on the amp you should definitley check out the Valveking thread, a whole bunch of mods and useful information is in there.

If you don't want to deal with that ****, get a used JCM900 combo, possibly a 2000.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Hmm, I asked in the local shops today if they had any Valvekings but they didn't.

So I have to go to the nearest big city, which is a 1hour away so I want to get some more options!

I'm even more interested in the valveking now!

EDIT: Which OD pedal do you guys recommend?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Last edited by Axeaman at Aug 26, 2009,
It's all up to you. What do you need more now, a new amp, or a new acoustic?
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Well, amp I think.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
More opinions on tube amp?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Oh and I play metal mostly, but I still want to have that "classic" rock sound avaible!

this of coarse is strictly opinion, but I think...

It's easy to get a Metal tone out of an amp made for classic rock. - Get a distortion pedal
It's difficult to get a good classic rock tone out of an amp made for matal.

So, set priority on the classic sound + Distortion pedal for Metal.

Try a Peavey Classic 30
Not sure your conversion rate, but that goes New for about 600 US Dollars.
Can be found for 400 Used.

I'm not a metal head, so can't really give advice on a good distortion pedal.
I'm sure many others here can though..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Aug 27, 2009,
I don't really like the Classic :-/ But is the Valveking a classic rock or metal amp?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Valveking is more for metal, I think.

But it can get OK classic tones...note great, but just OK.

So if your priority is metal, the VK should be fine.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
I messed around with a VK for rock, I got a decent AC/DC sound surprisingly, it was nothing to write home about but still good.

I would say the VK is more made for heavier rock, Rise Against type of stuff, it can do the classics though.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Okay, I'm gonna try to try a VK!
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
More opinions which amps I should try?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul