so i have a tuner that only lets you tune to standard. how can i tune a whole step down

my shift keys don't work sorry
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
you could capo the second fret and tune to standard on there. if you don't have a capo, you could use your fingers but the tuning won't be as accurate
search bar there`s another thread like this today....(albeit a 1/2 step but i`m not typing it out again)
Tune to standard and then drop your low E to D (drop D). Then use the drop D string to tune all the way through the rest. Should be DGCFAD on a tuner.
Quote by mashizz
you could capo the second fret and tune to standard on there. if you don't have a capo, you could use your fingers but the tuning won't be as accurate

When you take the capo off it will be slightly out of tune.

Just go to a music stroe and spend 10 bucks on a chromatic tuner, they help alot.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Synyster
Tune to standard and then drop your low E to D (drop D). Then use the drop D string to tune all the way through the rest. Should be DGCFAD on a tuner.

nah, theres only eadgbe on mine. i ****ing hate it.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Just hold the second fret on each string and tune each string to standard.

So for example to tune the low E to D, put your finger on the second fret and tune it as if you were tuning it to E (since each fret is 1/2 step, 2 frets = 1 whole step down).
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Well if your tunner read the d note, then tune your Low E to D, then tune the rest using 5th fret harmonics. If you don't know what I mean than you really ned to learn how to tune a guitar without a tunner. You should be able to tune a guitar if you only have at least 1 string in tune.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
if it tunes to standard only, are there buttons with the flat and sharp notations? b and #? if so, when tuning, press the flat button twice and this will let you tune a full step down
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
if it tunes to standard only, are there buttons with the flat and sharp notations? b and #? if so, when tuning, press the flat button twice and this will let you tune a full step down

Oh yeh, I didn't even think about this... Unless it's just a really cheap tuner. But check anyway TS.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by randomhero93

yeah it has that. i got it to work with the 2nd fret thing.

thanks everyone.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Chromatic tuners are well worth the money you spent on them. I honestly suggest you throw out your old tuner and get a new one.