Page 1 of 2
So I need some cash... I have a 5 year old PS2 and 38 working games, but does anybody actually buy them any more? shops? ebay?

How much do you guys reckon i could get if i sold everything?
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
You wouldn't get much at all. If someone wanted a ps2 they would buy a new one considering how cheap they are
I've been playing Ps1 these past few weeks.

People still buy PS2's, however you can get them new pretty damn cheap so you wont really make much off it.

Games may be worth something depending on what they are though.
keep it, best console in history of video games.

MGS 3 FTW
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
It's still popular, it's just they are pretty cheap so don't expect to bag a fortune.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I do, because Sony haven't bothered making PS2 emulation on my generation of PS3 yet, which I'm sure they can... somehow. Bastardsl

they could if you wanted to pay and extra 50 dollars for the emotion engine chip. worth it for infinite memory cards and better laser that plays games too ****ed for the ps2 to run.

long story short, mine does it and i love it, but damn that *EDITED* 18 GB HDD.

Me:"I want to play RE5."
PS3: "time to uninstall EVERYTHING!!!!!"
Me: "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
FREE THE PEAR

Don't sell it, you have something that changed the world!
PS2 was the system that started the consoles that are out now.

Games can go for a nice chunk but the system isn't worth anything used. I still have the ones from when they first came out(got it the day they came out) and it still works amazingly.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by jesus-mobile

MGS 3 FTW

I love you.

I still play my PS2, and I just beat Majora's Mask on N64.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
If I could get a ps2 with mgs 2 and 3, I would buy one.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by jesus-mobile
they could if you wanted to pay and extra 50 dollars for the emotion engine chip. worth it for infinite memory cards and better laser that plays games too ****ed for the ps2 to run.

long story short, mine does it and i love it, but damn that *EDITED* 18 GB HDD.

Me:"I want to play RE5."
PS3: "time to uninstall EVERYTHING!!!!!"
Me: "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

*strokes 80Gb HDD*

*backslaps lack of emotion engine chip*

But honestly, it can't be tooooooo hard to make a PS2 emulator and start selling PS2 games over the PSN Shop?
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
Don't sell it, you have something that changed the world!
PS2 was the system that started the consoles that are out now.

Games can go for a nice chunk but the system isn't worth anything used. I still have the ones from when they first came out(got it the day they came out) and it still works amazingly.

this. keep it, and see how long it lasts.

^yeah, i know. sony makes more money from the ps2 sales than is worth giving up by goodering the ps3.
FREE THE PEAR

Last edited by jesus-mobile at Aug 25, 2009,
I work at blockbuster and a lot of people still buy and rent ps2 games. The highest trade-in value you're going to get from us for one is $8 though, and that's only if it's brand new game that just came out.
Yeah they do still sell, sometime in the future i will be looking to buy one for instance because mine has broke and there are many really f'in good that came out for the PS2 that i still own and still want to play.
Quote by jesus-mobile

MGS 3 FTW

Word, MGS FTW.

Anyways, you probably cant get much out of it. I got a ps3, and a whole library of my old ps2 games that I only play evry now and then.

The MGS series will always be played though, and RE, everything else.. not so much.

Considering you can buy a brand new ps2 slim for like 100 bucks, and the controllers are no longer 25 dollars a peice, and the memory cards are no longer 15 dollars a peice, and the games dont ever sell for anything more than 20 dollars new and 5 dollars used..

Not much, i'd say 25-50 for the console, an average of about $2.50 a game, and mayber 5 dollars a peice for the memory cards.

Whoever your going to sell the console to will expect the controllers for free.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
i saw marvel vs capcom for ps2 used at gamestop the other day. it was running for SIXTY DOLLARS. i rage quit that store.

EDIT: devil may cry and ratchet and clank will last forever as well, along with fatal frame and Predator: Concrete Jungle
FREE THE PEAR

Last edited by jesus-mobile at Aug 25, 2009,
Quote by Dookie92
hell yeah, still play alot of ps2.

maybe 30-50 bucks with the games.

He has 38 games man.
Quote by jesus-mobile

MGS 3 FTW

+300
mgs 3 put hair on my chest, and then some
Quote by Deliriumbassist
*strokes 80Gb HDD*

*backslaps lack of emotion engine chip*

But honestly, it can't be tooooooo hard to make a PS2 emulator and start selling PS2 games over the PSN Shop?

While my ps3 is backwards compatible (I got the 60GB) Supposedly the 3.0 patch being released sept 1st will make all ps3 consoles backwards compatible.

This is only a rumor though, not confirmed - but looking around on the sony forums it seems pretty promising.

PS1 games are available on PSN, I'm fairly sure that soon PS2 games will be too.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
While my ps3 is backwards compatible (I got the 60GB) Supposedly the 3.0 patch being released sept 1st will make all ps3 consoles backwards compatible.

This is only a rumor though, not confirmed - but looking around on the sony forums it seems pretty promising.

PS1 games are available on PSN, I'm fairly sure that soon PS2 games will be too.

I hope so. I'm currently going through FFX again on my PS2, but that's hooked up to the living room tv, which I don't have "as I want it" use of. I'm running my PS3 through the HDMI input on my computer monitor in my room, and I really cba to shell out for cables and whatever to hook my PS2 to it, as well as not really having the space for it.
Quote by mr_snuggle
+300
mgs 3 put hair on my chest, and then some

Word. I'm attempting a European Extreme run at the mo.
The Ocelot unit at Rassvet is bending me over, it's that damn sniper on the roof.
Quote by jesus-mobile

MGS 3 FTW

+1

I've been binging on this game lately, even though I have a 360. (Though only one game for it)
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
Word. I'm attempting a European Extreme run at the mo.
The Ocelot unit at Rassvet is bending me over, it's that damn sniper on the roof.

He follows a strict path and won't spot you, as long as you're sneaky about it. I was disappointed with MGS3's European Extreme. Should've been harder.
Quote by papershredder
So I need some cash... I have a 5 year old PS2 and 38 working games, but does anybody actually buy them any more? shops? ebay?

How much do you guys reckon i could get if i sold everything?

The second hand shop in my city will buy the PS2 (if it's clean and the vents aren't dusty.... HINT: CLEAN IT) for £7.
They'll buy some games for a single quid, and some they won't buy at all.

So you might only be looking at £30 for the lot.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
It's the console I've spent most time on in the past month or so, because I've been playing Persona 4. Some of my favourite games are on the ps2, so I'm probably going to go on it again in the future.
Quote by jesus-mobile
i saw marvel vs capcom for ps2 used at gamestop the other day. it was running for SIXTY DOLLARS. i rage quit that store.

Oh ya, I saw an N64 on sale at a flea market for ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY DOLLARS. I freaked.
Quote by Vypor

Thank you, I hope those rumors will be true.

Maybe I'll finally get to play the Kingdom Hearts games.
As far as I know people still play playstation 2s. New games are still being made for the PS2 and people still buy those.
(\__/)
\m/ (='.'=) \m/
(")_(")
Bunny rocks!
Quote by Vypor

I'm gonna be checking that update as soon as it's released. I checked on Wikipedia and it made no mention of it, but if it's true I'd be playing my ps3 much more than usual.
Page 1 of 2