SO my guitar tuner is a Fender Automatic. It's blue, sparkly and I've had it for a few years. I recently started playing with other musicians and recording and stuff. According to my tuner, I'm in tune, but the other musicians are always telling me I'm out of tune.
Is this a problem with my tuner? How can I fix it?
\EDIT: ITs this one http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0239988302
Last edited by Kino Chan at Aug 25, 2009,
Change the batteries in the tuner?

Or the "other musicians" are wrong.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Check if your tuner is set to 440 Hz (the frequency of an open A string)
If that's the case, it's probably your intonation that's messed up. Either look up how to fix it on these forums/google or take it to a tech
I don't know the tuner but maybe u have some flats turned on?? And if you're bandmembers are complaining, why not try one of their tuners?
what tuner do you have? some let you set it to a different frequency....its suppose to be at 440
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Rocketface2112
what tuner do you have? some let you set it to a different frequency....its suppose to be at 440

not sure, but it says 'automatic'

and how would I do that?
what company is it made by?
i would guess you just push a button?:S

maybe your band mates are the ones that are out of tune :P
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Kino Chan
the strings are new though.

lol you do realize new strings need stretching?
Wow only one person mentioned the obvious problem; intonation. From what you are describing it is 99.9% likely to be an intonation issue. Has the guitar been professionally set-up since you bought it? I'm guessing no. Go into the 'Electric Guitar' forum and post in the 'Ultimate Guitar Set-Up' thread. Jenny will help you.

Read the OP first thought, if you follow those instructions that should be enough. If you have trouble post and ask Jenny.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!