Jay turser jt-220 just crapped out a third time, should i get it repaired, or just buy a mim fender? or american hss if i can find a good deal. i play alot of styles, depends on my mood. getting a vox vt30, so will a strat (mex or american) sound good through it?
what is up with it? there are lots of peeps on here willing to help and seeing as it`s a LP copy normally a simple guitar to work on........
plugged in, turned knobs on(i no stupid ^.^) and it died with a whimper. its done this before so idk if i really should go get it repaired AGAIN, kinda just wasting liek 30 bucks each time i do it, or shoudl i upgrade it and in the long run save myself some coin for other toys
+1 to "Define Crapped Out"
But regardless of your definition, if it's the 3rd time, then yes, time for a new guitar.

"should I get a MIM Fender?"

YES YES YES, Even if your current guitar was just fine, YES get one.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by Antis0cial
then get it repaired properly, it's probably just some faulty electrics

+1000

If you're only paying the guy 30 bucks to repair your guitar, I garuntee you he's not doing a very good job....He's stringing you along planning on it breaking again and getting another 30 bucks later on.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
**** repairing a piece of ****. Get a used MIA if you can afford it, or a new MIM and then later buy a trem replacement from Callaham or GFS.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
well i go to the shop that guitar center trusts its repairs to, and they keep "fixing it" but they keep charging me like 25 bucks everytime i get it "fixed" and that adds up quick, especially if i can have a pretty fender sitting in my case rather than a LP copy
what kind of trem? just like ann entire new bridge trem? or just the actual bar?
could we have pics of the wiring? Preferably well focused.

I bet I can see the problem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by westdyolf
well i go to the shop that guitar center trusts its repairs to, and they keep "fixing it" but they keep charging me like 25 bucks everytime i get it "fixed" and that adds up quick, especially if i can have a pretty fender sitting in my case rather than a LP copy

well, there's your problem...

use the phone book, look for a Luthier.

P.S. I support the new guitar instead of repairing this one..

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
1. cannot find camera cord, its hiding as usual.

2. idk if i wanna open myself and mess it up, have a tendency to do that with electronics, i messed up a mic somehow, dunno how but i did
so get the strat? im thinking about fixing it, and seeing if guitar center will buy it, maybe my rocktron 25 too lol
Quote by westdyolf
so get the strat? im thinking about fixing it, and seeing if guitar center will buy it, maybe my rocktron 25 too lol

I say Yes, regardless of trouble you're having with current axe.
MIM Strat is always a good buy.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
thanks jonmo, i just needed a quick little shove, ill post some mp3s and vids and lovely little things after i get my new rig. thanks for all of your opinions guys! add me if you want

**closed**
Quote by westdyolf
what kind of trem? just like ann entire new bridge trem? or just the actual bar?

You don't really NEED a new trem, but I'd reccomend getting a new Trem bar. MIM uses thin Zinc blocks. You can buy a Wilkinson trem that comes with a block and everything from Guitar fetish for like, 50 bucks. Or, you could buy just a steel tremblock for 20bucks or a GFS MIM strat trem replacement for like 35-ish bucks.

Links to each:
http://store.guitarfetish.com/minmeimstupt.html
http://store.guitarfetish.com/wistsatrfial.html
http://store.guitarfetish.com/sosttrblfima.html

Just a suggestion, you don't have to do it, but replacing the trem + new pickups, and possibly if you aren't satisfied with you nut, a new nut pretty much equates to a MIA strat. Also, make sure the trem will fit first.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by westdyolf
thanks jonmo, i just needed a quick little shove, ill post some mp3s and vids and lovely little things after i get my new rig. thanks for all of your opinions guys! add me if you want

**closed**

...um, you can't close threads...

You don't need a new trem for it, but it can't hurt, can it?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 25, 2009,