The begginig part is really hard i can do the first fill that is ascending. from 579 to 570 then 679 then 6
I wanna learn this song i just need to know what to do to get it right.
play it at slow bpm first, on a speed you are really comfortable with, play it until it just becomes second nature and then turn up the speed
Quote by Ari.Macbeth57
The begginig part is really hard i can do the first fill that is ascending. from 579 to 570 then 679 then 6
I wanna learn this song i just need to know what to do to get it right.

Try actually asking a question...

For what it's worth I'd say if you can't figure out how to play a song like this on your own then it might just be out of your reach for now but keep trying anyway, just try not to get disheartened if you can't do it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
You have to
1. Practice
2. Repeat step 1

This

also, you could legato it instead of alternate picking, thats a shortcut though.
Get a metronome.
Or, alternatively, download a free ware one. There are plenty out there.

Start off slow, at something like, 60 bpm or something, and master it at that level. Then increase the bpm by 5-10. Continue until at full speed.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
i tried learning this song last night by ear. i only got the first part down.
pretty tough song.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Try actually asking a question...

For what it's worth I'd say if you can't figure out how to play a song like this on your own then it might just be out of your reach for now but keep trying anyway, just try not to get disheartened if you can't do it.

This.

If you're learning it from a tab, you're probably not familiar enough with guitar yet to play songs by guitar "virtuosos". Don't get too discouraged though, it's not that big of a deal.
Think about it, if you can't play the opening riff, how are you going to do the leads?
If you don't learn the tastiest part of a guitar instrumental, the leads, then there's no real point of learning the song, is there?

Learn some easier solos, like Serpent's Kiss by Symphony X, where it will teach you quite the legato technique and get you used to blurry rhythm fills.
Quote by Bitter|Symphony
This.

If you're learning it from a tab, you're probably not familiar enough with guitar yet to play songs by guitar "virtuosos". Don't get too discouraged though, it's not that big of a deal.
Think about it, if you can't play the opening riff, how are you going to do the leads?
If you don't learn the tastiest part of a guitar instrumental, the leads, then there's no real point of learning the song, is there?

Learn some easier solos, like Serpent's Kiss by Symphony X, where it will teach you quite the legato technique and get you used to blurry rhythm fills.

I was thinking more like "if you can't figure out a good way of playing from the tab then I don't think you should be learning it"

But I like your avatar so all is forgiven
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Not exactly the easiest racer X song to start with, maybe you should try frenzy

The only way to learn any song "right" is to do it super slow, and then up the tempo at a snails pace gradually.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
first off-good luck
second-practice
third- i know a guy that used to be in a band with my dad his name is shawn maxfield he has a video of him doing it on youtube the camera is on him the whole time so it might help u a little more.
Unless you are the almighty Paul Gilbert or Bruce Bouillet then good luck....
But, sarcasm aside, I would have to say that it takes perserverance and practice. The best way is to use the metronome and build up to speed. I'm trying this song and I'm in the same boat as you. Don't even ATTEMPT to play along with the recording until you've really got a good jist of the song.
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Scarified can be a really fun song to play once you learn it, but it is by no means the easiest song to learn. And as stated, if you can't do the intro (which is the easiest part of the song) then you will have no chance with the leads until you get some more experience. I would say pick a few easier songs to learn before trying scarified. But if you insist on playing it right away, all I can say is practice every second of your spare time, and good luck.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.