I'm getting the impression that my guitar(or amp) has a cooldown affect that improve sound if you play it for a long period.
Its resembles tube amp and their standby option.
I'm using epiphone sg-400 guitar and fender frontman 25R amp.
After excessive use of the guitar the sound "changes" to a much batter sound.
for example before the use it sound normal and quite a check guitar sound, but after excessive use its sound just like the gibson sg.
is there and factual true about this theory?
only thing that could be true is that older strings can make your sound muddier and mellower.

But that doesn't make an epiphone sound like a gibson
Well I've heard about that before. Somehow the tube amp have to warm himself before you get a good sound (or something like that) and thats why you have standby switch on your amp.

It should sound more ''old school''

EDIT : but it should not sound like a gibson SG
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Last edited by Geezus at Aug 25, 2009,
does a ford pinto become a lamborghini after its warmed up for a while? NO

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Geezus
Well I've heard about that before. Somehow the tube amp have to warm himself before you get a good sound (or something like that) and thats why you have standby switch on your amp.

I never knew tube amps came gender specific

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Geezus

It should sound more ''old''

Frontman is a solid state amp.
Quote by Tyler Durden
I never knew tube amps came gender specific

Dude read my sig.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
Quote by Mazzakazza
Frontman is a solid state amp.

O well forget about this

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
It's probably your fingers warming up so you play better and it makes it cleaner, making sound better.
I also have this amp and thought it sucked but then I went and did a 4 and a half hour jam session with a bunch of my friends. The only thing i used it for before was maybe up to a half hour at a time of bedroom practice. About halfway through the jam and onwards the amp seemed to sound alot better than I remembered it. It may be just in your (and my) head(s) but at least you're not alone.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
im not talking about buckethead material, im talking about ac/dc rock&roll train and chordy stuff like that that you just cant improve the sound without changing the instrument even if you're a newbie(i know that you can add some feel but ffs) and im sure that the sound changes, but why...
^ It doesn't matter what music you're talking about. The most reasonable explanation was the one saying that after you've warmed up a bit, you're playing more accurately.

The amp sound will not suddenly change sound unless you're changing the eq at any point, or using effects pedals etc.
It is possible that it sounded better after some time.

I know when i was really into stereo equipment, that you could get a lot better of a sound and thump from your speakers once they have warmed up and have been "broken in"

Not really sure if this applys to guitar speakers but it could.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
OT- where could i post my covers in this site?
and what is the web site that teaches morans to google(you know that site the auto writes the words and clicks google[now im the moron for not finding it]).
Last edited by dany_100 at Aug 25, 2009,
Well, technically speaking, the more you play the more your strings are going to warm up and lengthen ever so slightly. If you tune after the strings are warm and stop playing, come back later and play, it would be more out of tune in the beginning and in tune later.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
And sorry, it is YOU that is sounding better after a warm up period, not your guitar or amp.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear