Yeah so I just moved and I am trying to setup my stereo again. I have a Stax unit that plugs into the speaker wire inputs on the back of the receiver and then speaker output's on the back of the Stax unit. It gives you the option of using the main speakers or the high-def around ear headphones. Right now I have it switched to headphones so that I don't need to attach the headphones until I fix the problem. I have done this before and it does work without the speakers plugged into the back of the stax unit

Now the problem is I am getting no sound. I am guessing is that the problem is that I am not putting the wires into the right input things. It says on the back of the unit that red is positive and black is negative (for the right channel) and white is positive and green is negative (for the left). I can't do this. The wires coming out of the back of the unit are red and green (soldered together) taped to be in the pair with white and blue and brown (soldered together) taped in a pair with black.

Please help. BTW the model is a Stax SRD-6
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Yes.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
yeah i figgured that it would be too hard to not do in person
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Can you take the tape off? Take a pic, it will be easier to understand...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I don't need to remove the tape because I know it worked before when the tape was on. I just don't know which wire goes where. I forgot. And if i do get it right then I won't know for sure if there is something wrong, I would end up just assuming that that combination didn't work

Anyways, pictures on the way
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
ahh just try it out. You shouldnt blow a speaker or nething. Match up the colours if u can, I dunno haha.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.