Okay. Well i have 2 guitars. One being a schecter damien 6, and the other being a jackson kelly performer. The schecter is worth about $400 new and the jackson kelly performer is worth about $450 new (i believe that's the right price on the jackson. Correct me if i'm wrong.) Anyways, i've been in the market for a gibson sg lately and i called guitar center and asked if they'd be interested in a trade for both of those for a gibson sg with no cash involved. They said they couldn't do anything over the phone... So what do you all think. Would this trade possibly happen and do you think it's worth it.

Thanks.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Guitar Center will give you nothing for your guitars. Sell them through craigslist or ebay and use that money to buy your guitar from a local shop.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Guitar Center will give you nothing for your guitars. Sell them through craigslist or ebay and use that money to buy your guitar from a local shop.

Yeah. The thing is that i want to have a guitar untill i get my gibson, and i won't if i cl them now. That's kinda the point of the trade here. I might just have to save for a while and then sell them last.
you arent going to get much for those guitars, you might get and epi for the trade, but I say save and get the one you want.
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by Mayonaise 812
maybe a special.... with no case...

I couldn't care less about the case. I have an old sg case from an epiphone that'll fit it. I would like the case but i'd have them keep it if they'd do the 2 for one guitar trade. Do you think they'd actually go for it. Bear in mind, this has nothing to do with cash and that's why i pose the question. I know they rip you off on cash trade ins. That's why i'm asking about their guitar for guitar sort of trades.

Quote by joey arce
you arent going to get much for those guitars, you might get and epi for the trade, but I say save and get the one you want.

Really? You'd think that one lightly dinged/ scraped guitar and one mint one traded in would get me at least like 600 in value for that sort of trade. I guess big business says otherwise.
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Aug 25, 2009,
They'll give you a little over 100 for each. I've found they give about half of what they're worth on the used market. Either save, or just bite the bullet and go to craigslist.
Quote by alexpalka23
Okay. Well i have 2 guitars. One being a schecter damien 6, and the other being a jackson kelly performer. The schecter is worth about $400 new and the jackson kelly performer is worth about $450 new (i believe that's the right price on the jackson. Correct me if i'm wrong.) Anyways, i've been in the market for a gibson sg lately and i called guitar center and asked if they'd be interested in a trade for both of those for a gibson sg with no cash involved. They said they couldn't do anything over the phone... So what do you all think. Would this trade possibly happen and do you think it's worth it.

Thanks.

even peronally selling you will not get enough for a top of the line sg. Pending which sg you are looking at you may possibly get enough for another model sg. I would not sell anything to a dealer. I've tried to before and they will not give you near what it's worth, yet they sell used for over twice what they typically pay. Take the time, use craigslist, or throw and ad in the newspaper. You are much better off.
i say craigslist them. chances are you won't sell both at once, and as soon as you sell the 2nd one head over to guitar center and talk them down on a nice SG Standard might have to settle for an SG Special, but i can dream... erm, i mean you can dream...

man i want an SG Standard...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Guitarcenter gives 60% of the used price. at the very best, your guitars sell $300 and $350 used, so I would estimate they give you around $400 for the two guitars. You could get an Epiphone G-400 for that, or a Gibson SG faded from the used section if you are VERY lucky (used those are worth around $500, so you'd have to luck out and find a very damaged one)/
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Things sell pretty fast on craigslist...Obviously its not as instant as a trade-in at some guitar shop, but you are getting the highest return for your investment..and a step closer to your SG
Go to Craigslist, people on there will actually pay you what an item is worth. Not what an item is worth then subtract $150. Your thing with Craigslist is you wont immediately have the Gibson in your hands, you'll get that gibson in your hands as soon as you go and get it, theres no waiting period, so long as you have the cash (which you should have, you did after all just sell 2 decent guitars) you can get the guitar that very day if you want.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?