GC probably doesn't, find a talented, experienced luthier.

Cost will depend on what material you want, (MoP remains quite cheap, things like abalone a bit more, bloodstone, jaspar, etc, a bit bit more), the luthier's rates, and the difficulty of the design.
If there dot I would belive it would be possible but if there big like sharkfang that would be hard. I don;t think guitar center would do this and it would cost alot.

Edit:Or you can go for those sticker things on ebay.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Last edited by King of King V at Aug 25, 2009,
it`s a luthiers job not a techs job and workshop rates are about £50 per hour in the uk this should be posted in the guitar building forum, what guitar is it...
Quote by King of King V
If there dot I would belive it would be possible but if there big like sharkfang that would be hard. I don;t think guitar center would do this and it would cost alot.

Edit:Or you can go for those sticker things on ebay.

It's always possible, but a lot of wood might have to be filled with glue/wooddust mix if it's a big design. I doubt many luthiers would 'overwrite' a vine of life inlay for example. And if too much comes out and is filled with mix, then it might look a bit crap.

Sharkfins, you might just get away with if your new design covers the fins, e.g. some design that covers the area under the 6th string completely and branches upwards towards the 6th.
If it's that complicated they'll just put on a new fretboard and do the inlays from scratch.
Quote by mattvl
If it's that complicated they'll just put on a new fretboard and do the inlays from scratch.

:? Really? I wouldn't think anyone would take that job, seeing as you'd have to extract the old fingerboard PERFECTLY, replace with a new one, set + cure, and finishing touches. Very difficult.

TBH if it was overly complicated, I don't think many people would do the design fullstop.
The guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul (Model: 100). It has the standard dot inlays and I want it with Mother of P inlays.
Not worth the bother on that guitar - save up for a new one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Getting new inlays would cost around $200-300, at that price you could get a used epi les paul standard, which comes with those stock.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke