I was playing both my guitars today and just realized how utterly weak sounding my G400 is, so I was thinking that I'd like something a bit different and I'd like a P90 kind of sound. How does the SD PhatCat sound? Also, there's a cheaper humbucker sized P90 on eBay called a Catswhisker Phat Moggy, anyone heard of / used these pickups before?

Found this site: http://www.catswhiskerpickups.co.uk/11.html

Any other suggestions for a good, hard rock / alt rock pickup?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

bareknuckle Pickups make a p90 humbucker sized called the mississippi queen. Matt bellamy uses it rock out frequently.
I was hoping for this to be the discussion:

*spam removed*

Oh well
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Last edited by Its So Easy at Aug 25, 2009,
Are BKP really £20 better than SD? Yes I know I'm cheap, but I'm going to uni in september so cheaper is good

Unfortunately this thread is not about giant pics of things I can't make out because giant pic is giant!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

$35 will get you a Mean 90 from Guitar Fetish, which is a humbucker sized p-90. I have one and I really like it, never tried a Phat cat but im very pleased with the Mean 90
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
All i hear is that there very good! I really want some, and i do agree that they are pricey!
Maybe it's time for me to stop being a cheapskate and get something nice. Only trouble is, the pickup will cost pretty much half as much as the guitar did! Although if it is really nice I suppose I can flip it over to my main guitar and put the LP pickup into the SG
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Quote by SimplyBen
Guitar Fetish don't ship to the UK do they?

There's always Ebay?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
^ If you mean eBay from USA, by the time I've paid shipping & customs & VAT then I'll have paid pretty much the same as I would for 2nd hand SD's
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

look for some Lace Sensors
they make noisless single coils and P90ish pickups
Hola.
Guitar Fetish does ship to UK, I think. I mean, it says wolrdwide shipping...but just go and check yourself
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
I'm curious about the Mean 90s too. I like my G400, save for the pickups.

GFS should ship to the UK, I just ordered 2 guitar kits and a stack of parts to Aus. They shipped quickly, no questions. Tracking says they're almost here. Keen to know what all the fuss is about.
if ur going to get a p-90 get the classic gibson design ones them are sweet
"To love someone is to see him as God intended him"
Talk to rockmonkeyguitars.com. They custom wind them for you, I believe they are in the UK. UGers get 10% off. Talk to corderoyEW, he is a UGer that works there. I think I spelled cords name wrong, but I'm close.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.