So I hardly ever break strings on my acoustic guitar, and the other day I broke my D string. I've been playing it for about 7 seven years and I've changed strings on it before. The string is placed inside a hole, and is kept there by a wooden peg. I cannot get that fricken peg to budge! It's my lucky guitar which, so far, I can always write amazing songs on, and I'd like to continue my lucky streak with it. Are there any techniques that I can use to get that peg loose so I can change the string?
I find that if you grab onto the string, near the peg, and push it down past the peg and into the body of the guitar, you can pull the string sharply back out and that action will loosen the peg enough so that you can remove it.

This might be one of those actions that is harder to explain than it is to do. The goal here is to get enough of the string back into the body beneath the peg that pulling it back out will cause enough friction on the peg to loosen it.
Take a piece of regular string (not a guitar string), and make a loop around the peg. Push the string further into the hole to loosen it up. Hold the looped string tight with your index finger, put your thumb on top of the pin to keep it from flying out into the abyss, and pull as hard as you can while applying leverage by placing one of your knuckles on the bridge.
i just pull 'em out with needle nose pliers, but I guess that is the caveman way of doing it
Quote by slimp
i just pull 'em out with needle nose pliers, but I guess that is the caveman way of doing it

Remind me to never borrow you any of My guitars. EVER.