So i owned the 212 version of the spider valve, and i loved it but it just wasnt loud enough. So im in the market for a new head, either the spider valve or the 6262. Has anyone played the spider valve head? if so what would you get? I play mainly metal and rock
git the real deal instead (Peavey 6505+)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
If you want versatility, get the Line 6. If you want just good distortion and average cleans, get the Bugera.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
git the real deal instead (Peavey 6505+)

Alf is right. You are wrong. End of.

Also consider a used Line 6 Vetta or HD147. They're a FAR better deal than the SV.
They're solid state but they're so high wattage the power amp clipping simply doesn't happen.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've heard nothing but good things about the Spider Valve HD100. I played on one at guitar center and it sounded amazing. I wouldn't choose any SS amp over the HD100. Read the reviews on it at musiciansfriend.
Quote by JayT44

i second this
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
Quote by oneblackened
Also consider a used Line 6 Vetta or HD147. They're a FAR better deal than the SV. They're solid state but they're so high wattage the power amp clipping simply doesn't happen.

I second this. I picked up a HD147 for $350 with shortboard recently. Unfortunatly high end L6 gear doesn't really hold its resale value. That is unless you are trying to buy one used that is!
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
ha well then u know the spider valve has lots of gain on tap
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Quote by ANTHONYLBEST
I second this. I picked up a HD147 for $350 with shortboard recently. Unfortunatly high end L6 gear doesn't really hold its resale value. That is unless you are trying to buy one used that is!

So true. I see Blackstars, Bugeras, and all sorts of stuff go mentioned here when Vettas and HD147s are, IMO, leagues better and available used for nearly the same price.
I was dead set on getting a Blackstar Ht-5, when I stumbled upon the HD147 on craigslist.

The HT-5 was awesome, but HD147 just outshines it completely with options. I had a Flextone previously, and I thought it was good, but for some reason the same models in the HD147 sound better. Brit Silver... I still can't get over this one.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
the spider valve HD is plain great, a good good amp really tight, and far more versatile than bugera's one
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
i own both and in my opinion the bugera is far better. the spider valve sounds good but still has that "digital" sound to it. it's more a "buzzy" or "hissy" type distortion compared to bugera's big chunky growl.
for reliability and versalility's sake, i'm going to say the Spider Valve. i'm sure there are going to be lots of misinformed "OMFLINE6SUXLOLOLOL" band wagoners out there who have never played a spider valve saying that it has a digital sound or something.

is there a reason that it's between these two, or are you open to suggestions? if so:
-Budget?
-Willing to go used?
-Nearest major city?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
the spider valve does not sound like a tube amp at allll, do not buy it. If you think itll be better because it has tubes, i would recommend actually playing a real tube amp. Just get a 5150 or a 6505.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Used 5150/6505 combo

It will be plenty loud
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by oneblackened
Alf is right. You are wrong. End of.

Also consider a used Line 6 Vetta or HD147. They're a FAR better deal than the SV.
They're solid state but they're so high wattage the power amp clipping simply doesn't happen.

Not entirely. Real deal is the 6505, the 6505+ is a fizz factory in comparison
WTLTL 2011
Quote by pmeg568c
the spider valve does not sound like a tube amp at allll, do not buy it. If you think itll be better because it has tubes, i would recommend actually playing a real tube amp. Just get a 5150 or a 6505.

This.

I'm not saying this uninformed; I played a Spider Valve (the one with the bogner head design) for 3 hours, and I wouldn't put it in the range of an actual tube amp at all. No matter what tone you dial in, there's always a little digital edge on it all, which kills me. Maybe turning it up and letting the power tubes work there magic might make it lose that edge (so I'm told.)

Even then I'd rather have a real all-tube amp then a modeling amp with power tubes. I don't think you really are the best player you can be until you practice yourself on an all-tube. SS amps always hide the player I find.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by Mark G
Not entirely. Real deal is the 6505, the 6505+ is a fizz factory in comparison

i think you mean it the other way around.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Brian 1.0
This.

Even then I'd rather have a real all-tube amp then a modeling amp with power tubes.

no it has two pre and two power
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
333xl is the best bugera by leaps and bounds
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by mechanix901
no it has two pre and two power

Yes, it has a tube preamp and a tube poweramp, but the distortion is still created by the modelling processor.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.