Finally! My new guitar just arrived this morning from Japan!

It's an Epiphone Made in Japan Les Paul Junior. Unlike the regular Junior Models and the '57 Reissue, this one is pretty much all around a Gibson quality guitar with an Epi logo slapped on it. It even has a Gibson headstock.

I started off my Junior spree with an older Epi Junior Model that still had a P90. That sounded decent. When I got the '57 Reissue, that sounded and felt way better. When I got this new MIJ Junior today and felt it in my hands and played it... Holy ****. It's pretty much in a whole different league all together. The '57 literally felt like cheap crap compared to this.

Anyways, I'm loving how amazing this Junior is, and I got it for a steal too, $450 Cad in total. Much cheaper than the standard Gibson model and much better as well.

Pic time!

Very nice - that finish is beautiful!

HNGD!
Gear:
ESP LTD EX-351 in gunmetal blue.
Valencia acoustic.
this is the way the world ends
not with a bang, but with a whimper
Nice, love the red finish!! HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Since when did Epiphone make these then? Where did you buy it? Im suspicous.. Its a nice looking junior but the Jap's are famous for rip-offs. I've never heard of Epi having a japanese line in the last few years and i keep up to date. That plus the headstock. Ive NEVER seen that before. Sorry, i don't mean to spoil your party, i hope for youre sake im wrong, it just doesn't compute in my head.
Quote by livewire76
Since when did Epiphone make these then? Where did you buy it? Im suspicous.. Its a nice looking junior but the Jap's are famous for rip-offs. I've never heard of Epi having a japanese line in the last few years and i keep up to date. That plus the headstock. Ive NEVER seen that before. Sorry, i don't mean to spoil your party, i hope for youre sake im wrong, it just doesn't compute in my head.

Nope, it's legitimate. Gibson authorized Epiphone to produce a Japanese only line of all their guitars in order to compete with the high quality of Japanese copy guitars from brands like Tokai.

The Japanese plants churned out Goldtops, SGs, Standards, Customs, and of course Juniors, all built to much higher specs and quality than their Chinese and Korean made counterparts. Because of the quality, Gibson allowed them to use the open book headstock instead of Epi's version.

Japanese Epiphones are rare though, because of the quality and price, not a lot were made, and the few that did come out, were quickly bought up. All these guitars are now out of production and are a rarity. Like I mentioned before. MIJ Epiphones are pretty much Gibson guitars slapped with the Epiphone name.
Damn dude nice Junior!! Seriously she's a beaut!
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
that thing looks amazing! not a big fan of red, but wow. love the p90, too
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
i was gonna by the exact same guitar 1998 junior i lost the bid i was devestated
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Wow! HNGD! That is one fine looking guitar!
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Nice HNGD!!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Hi! I'm new here. I have one of those Juniors too, a sunburst. These guitars are from a recent series (around 2006) called Limited Lacquer Top-something. There were Juniors, Standards, Customs, SG's amongst others produced. Epiphone Japan replaced the Orville brand.

Very good guitars but I have changed all the hardware except the tuners.